FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
mercury blueband 1150 with 2 blue bands and the mercury is written in white. thunderbolt ignition 6 cyl inline. I can only find a old dealers number 8020777. I need to get a manual, any help in nailing the year of my blueband would be appreciated
Welcome to Iboats. <br />That's an Aussie S/N.<br />Mine is 8055*** and it's a 1981, Light and dark blue band with silver Merc and red "50"<br />They dropped the "0" to become 115's after 1980<br />Reckon yours is a 1978-79. The Clymer covers all Mercs through to '89
thanxs for the input Unicorn and Merc140. Yep it" an Aussie number, I'm in adelaide.<br />mine has a distributor and a old aluminium 17deg prop. It's on a carribean caper 4.3m ski boat and seems perfect, but I like the idea of a s/s prop apparently they're more efficient for the same size? second hand would be the best option on account of the cost, any suggestions.
Reckon you are spot on Merc140.<br />I knew that 1978 was last of the distributor engines from the Clymer manual.<br />Anyway, you should know, being the owner of a '79.