Memorable Boat names you have seen

jerry1865

Cadet
Re: Memorable Boat names you have seen

im very close to the end of a complete hull rebuild on an older 22' sylvan on which i hung a v8 300 jonny. (it came to me with a 470 mercruiser_) yes ,it was alot ---a whole lot --of work and coin too.
any suggestions for a name? my kid wants to name it THIRSTY

jreuscher

Recruit

Saw "Promise Q Us" on the St. John's river. I think she was:)

EN2

Chief Petty Officer

As seen on a 16ft Lund, A PIECE OF SHIP.

767Captain

Seaman

Lot's of truly corny names... Our inboard ski boat is the Throbulator, and our offshore fishing boat is Whack The Dolphin.

DBreskin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Best I've seen is a large yacht in Miami owned by a law firm. The yacht's name was "Oui Sioux". Say it aloud.

Last edited:

Stachi

Lieutenant Commander

I named mine Breaking Wind.....

ReelPlumber

Seaman

I saw a beautiflly restored Chris-Craft speedboat with the name "Morning Wood" on the transom. Thought that was pretty good name for a wooden boat....

Here's 2 pics that were e-mailed to me last year. For those in the contracting business, it's SO appropriate (and true).
1Boat_Dingy_001.jpg

1Boat_Dingy_002.jpg

I heard a story about a contractor that disappeard and a boat going out of the marina named "FIRST DRAW"

There's a offshore boat that has a picture of a pretty lady on it and the name on the boat was "DOUBLE SEAS"

A few more

Angler Management
Chasin Tails
Sea Nile

I named my boat the "Reel Fin-Addict" and now I see it on several boats:(

mphy98

Lieutenant

my dad's 40' sailboat was named SHEETHEAD. you would have to have known him to understand i believe.

rubaggd

Cadet

Im a CSI and my boat is a Sea Ray so I named it Sea S I

Bearfan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

We're thinking of naming ours "SUMRx" with the x through the tail of the R. I'm a math teacher and she is a pharmacist. Figured that would be a prescription for summer.

It started as "SUMRx Qd Pi" since Qd is prescription shorthand for daily and pi would be the greek letter pi, which is an irrational number. Therefore the boat would be a "Daily prescription for total irrationality" But I don't want to spend all my time explaining my boat name to the non-geek.

reap182

Petty Officer 3rd Class

thinking of naming ours "wartoy"

We named our 3270 Bayliner Time Well Wasted in 2005. Before that it was named Tang-A-Lang, the po last name is Lang. A go fast on the lake a few years ago was named Stocks & Blonds.

A 25 foot sailboat parked in a driveway in Hopkinton, MA - "Just blow me". Some one keeps covering the name with plastic bags which kept blowing off during the winter months. Finally some one painted over the name. The painter must have been a land lover.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

My 1968 Starcraft is named the "B-Ticket".

As back in the day when Disney had the small boat rides, like the autotopia, but boats..well..It took a "B" ticket out of the old coupon books.

Heres the sign shops mock up.

The HIN # will be the coupon number

bticket.jpg

safetyj

Cadet

working at the invasive species insp. station at lake Pend'Orielle in N.Idaho I saw many clever names. One that I thought was especially memorable was "hope it floats"

mphy98

Lieutenant

Well, there is a fishing charter boat in Racine, WI named the Happy Hooker. In Lake Geneva there is a Large boat with the name BIG HITS. I have seen his wife and I disagree. :D Maybe it has to do with something else?