Medical Alert Systems

WIMUSKY

Staff member
What are your loved ones using or maybe even yourself? I've done some research, Best of..., I see Life Alert doesn't even come up. Maybe they do alot of advertising but isn't the better system.

Not looking for alot of bells and whistles. Dont' need a watch etc. Just need a lanyard that will work everywhere, inside, outside and going down the road. Also want the fall option.

Ma lives by herself out in the country with some health issues. If something would happen nobody would know.... Even just falling down and getting hurt.

Thanks

matt167

Captain
My grandfather used a cheaper one than Life Alert, I can't think of the name but it worked great... It dialed 911 and had a speaker/ microphone.. It also dialed my moms cellphone with an emergency message

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Life Alert starts at $50/mth and they dont have fall detection. Everyone else seems to charge that price with options. They're base prices are alot less... Plus you basically have to contact LA for pricing and info....

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I haven't done any research since my dad has passed away in April. But I thought there were a few smart phone apps that would do the same things? IDK. But such an app would make millions. Since most smart phones have sensors already built into them, it could easily detect falls and most anything else. Again IDK...

Fun Times

Staff member
Dont' need a watch etc.
Ma lives by herself out in the country with some health issues. If something would happen nobody would know.... Even just falling down and getting hurt.

Thanks
My wife is mostly likely going the Apple watch route this year for Xmas for her mom that lives alone away from main family, etc. and she's concerned about a hard fall happening with her mom being in her late 70's now.

I know you already mentioned no watch but just in case you haven't fully studied the Apple watch fall detection system they offer, I'll link it here for you, https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208944

WIMUSKY

Staff member
I haven't done any research since my dad has passed away in April. But I thought there were a few smart phone apps that would do the same things? IDK. But such an app would make millions. Since most smart phones have sensors already built into them, it could easily detect falls and most anything else. Again IDK...
She doesn't have a smart phone nor will we get her one. She has trouble with her laptop......

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks bigd. Do you or know someone that uses that unit?

WIMUSKY

Staff member
It is basically a cell phone so as long as you get a good cell signal it will work. 911 service is free so there is no subscription needed.
Does it use any tower, or is it provider specific? Ma lacks a good signal. I think AT&T may be the best.