Maybe my turn for new boat time

redneck joe

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 18, 2009
Messages
16,372
zero chance i'll make this weather week. Thankfully even into early november we can get some upper 60 perfect days and i should be healed enough by then.

But if it was a new boat i'd be out in the 30's learning her.

1791297492482.png
 

aspeck

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
May 29, 2003
Messages
19,893
I have something on the schedule every day this week that is keeping me from the lake! Saturday morning a friend asked me to go fishing with him... but I have a wedding on Saturday ... maybe squeeze in a few AM hours???? I told him I will let him know after Thursday evening's rehearsal.
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,610
Late start due to waiting on trailer to arrive, got home at 10:30 last night. Will take more pics later today.
Spring Lake MI 2026.jpg

This is new old stock so it's never been transferred, meaning Warranty for boat and motor started yesterday, yeah :cool:!!

Only thing so far I found with the brief test ride is steering is stiff. Dealer says it's a B3 and that's why it's stiff, I said no that is not normal and mentioned my 27PC with motors up to 530hp and it wasn't stiff. It's stiff even at idle. They checked the PS fluid and it was a little low. I think it may be from sitting for 2 years. Either way I have warranty so might be hauling it in prior to next season

Trailer is a Venture and uses Dexter oil bath axles, wish they were leaf spring but torsion axles are good. It pulled nice at 80mph last night
 

tpenfield

Moderator
Staff member
Joined
Jul 18, 2011
Messages
19,554
Congratulations, and welcome back to the Formula family of fine boats !!! :cool: :D

I assume it is all the drive-by-wire stuff, similar to what I had with my Mercruisers. IIRC, the steering is the hydraulic/electric mix not cable-based, but you can certainly verify such.

The question may be is the 'stiff' steering being caused by the steering wheel/sensor at the helm . . . or . . . the actuator at the transom?
 

alldodge

Moderator
Staff member
Thread starter
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
44,610
The boat has cable steering and DTS, so regular power steering and I'm good with that.

Trailer is the commander series COM-10800
 
Top