Mastercraft X-5 or Prostar 205???

conk3416

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
76
I am looking to buy a good reliable wakeboard boat. I have narrowed it down to two boats. I was looking for some help on which one to buy.....

2001 X-5, 19.5 ft., open bow. Zero Flex Wakeboard tower, 750 hrs $20,900

2000 Prostar 205, open bow, OLD Zero Flex Wakeboard Tower, 400 hrs. $21,900

I will use the boat for wakeboarding, kneeboarding and tubing. Probably 2-3 tubes at once.

If anyone has some pros and cons for these boats please let me know.

Thanks Andrew
 

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Joined
Mar 8, 2009
Messages
5,204
Re: Mastercraft X-5 or Prostar 205???

both nice boats... Depending on your level of wakeboarding, the x-5 might be a little better for more advanced riders. (sharper/steeper wake) Given the fact of nearly double the hours though for about the same price... prostar
 

conk3416

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thread starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2009
Messages
76
Re: Mastercraft X-5 or Prostar 205???

Here is a picture of each boat. I am going tomorrow morning to look at both of them.

2011-05-18_05-38-23_679.jpg2011-05-18_05-38-33_8721.jpg
 

mapper

Recruit
Joined
Mar 27, 2012
Messages
1
Re: Mastercraft X-5 or Prostar 205???

2000 Prostar 205, open bow, OLD Zero Flex Wakeboard Tower, 400 hrs. $21,900!

i own one. it's a better boat with a more versatile hull. you can pile it full of weight for a really great wake. it's essentially the boat the used for the x-games in 1998 and 1999. and the v-drive version was used until the new X-Star hull was introduced.

i'm happy to answer any questions.
 
Top