Manually lifting outboard?

stephenc8301

Seaman Apprentice
i recently bought a boat that has an 89, 85hp force attached but doesnt have tilt trim. It is a little heavy to manually put it up and down once your in the water. Has anyone ever attached something to make it easier to put up and down or have any suggestions besides buying hydraulic tilt trim?

5150abf

Vice Admiral
Re: Manually lifting outboard?

When I first got my boat it had this flip up lever on it, worked pretty good but not as good as my CMC does now.

I sorta kinda think I have seen them for sale recently but don't know where, Cabelas maybe.

Mine just takes up room in the garage, PM me and I am sure we can work something out.

Attachments

• P8110509.jpg
    P8110509.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 0

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

Break down and buy a power unit. If you look at the auctions, they frequently come up. For about 350 you can get an original equipment unit that will bolt right in without removing the engine.

Once you get power trim/tilt, you will never want another engine without it.

Expidia

Commander

I 2nd the auction power tilt unit that Frank suggested. I didn't even know they made an O/B of that size "without" power tilt and trim :confused:

What's a back operation cost nowadays :eek:

timdan94

Chief Petty Officer

I third the trim tilt. It made my boat perform completely differently. I bought one for $200 then I came across a blown 125 with trim tilt. I got that whole motor with a good tilt trim unit and many other usable parts for $80. So keep an eye out you can find one for cheap.

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

I 4th the used Tilt and Trim unit. There are alot of used Force engines sitting around and parts seem to go pretty cheap for them. Force was a Chrysler brand which Mercury bought out and used as there cheap "Walmart Special" line. Sort of like the Johnson/Evinrude SPL lineup as they used cheaper components, smaller generators, lack of Tilt and trim, ect.