Manta Ray Boats

Hello. I am new to this forum/site and also new to boating in general. I have had a hard time finding information on this particular boat I own. Its a 1994 Manta Ray 189 F/S. It has what looks to be a chevrolet inboard with a very rare and hard to source Yamaha Outdrive/Leg. I have owned this boat since Feb. 2010. If anyone has any information on this type of boat and performance specs like Top Speed with current set up and anything else about this style of boat, please don't hesitate to reply or send message or add to post.

Thanks

Slapacrombie

Recruit
Re: Manta Ray Boats

Hey, I have the same boat here in NC. I see its been 2 years since this post. Did you ever find out anything?

TheJaspMan

Recruit

Hey, I was having a problem finding parts. I had a crack in the intake exhaust manifold. I found one used at lanier Marine in GA.

I'd like to see some pictures of your boat. Looks like you have a custom paint job.

slapacrombie@gmail.com

It's custom vinyl to see if I like the design. If so I will wrap the whole thing over the winter.

Which engine do you have? I haven't really had an issue finding anything as of yet.

I took the live well out and covered it in high desnity foam and other insultation wrap so that it would work as a cooler instead.

Today I'm putting in a 7" screen in the front where the trim tab and troll controls are as well as another in the stereo area so we can watch the ball games while outside the stadium floating on the river. Also two subs behind the rear seats. There are currently two 6x9s under the dash and two 8" below the rear seats. But I am also adding two speakers forward in the bow.

side_resize.jpgIMG_1177_resize.jpgIMG_1179_resize.jpgIMG_1195_resize.jpg

TheJaspMan

Recruit

Wanted to mention that the design now is the 2nd this month. I am trying to determine what I want before I put the final full wrap on it this winter. I liked the lighter full cover, but it got dirty quicker that the dark like it is now.