starsnstripers
Lieutenant
Thread starter- Joined
- Nov 30, 2007
- Messages
- 1,330
Re: manifold filling with gas/low compression
Thanks bondo - Your right I forgot to open the throttle on the compression test. It's a 4 pt. engine stand, stable enough. Specs on this gm 250 165 hp say compession should be 140 psi. and I have had the dist. out because I manually primed the system with the oil pump because I had a slack lifter which is ok now. With valve cover off set mark on tdc just before the intake starts to open. points at 16* plugs .035 fuel pump line into bucket good strong sguirts. I'm going to try a few things and start over here. New exhaust gasket rebuild carb new plugs they came with the motor anyway. Level engine stand. I will follow up with you guys on my progress. Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions. very appreciated!
p.s. great responses
Thanks bondo - Your right I forgot to open the throttle on the compression test. It's a 4 pt. engine stand, stable enough. Specs on this gm 250 165 hp say compession should be 140 psi. and I have had the dist. out because I manually primed the system with the oil pump because I had a slack lifter which is ok now. With valve cover off set mark on tdc just before the intake starts to open. points at 16* plugs .035 fuel pump line into bucket good strong sguirts. I'm going to try a few things and start over here. New exhaust gasket rebuild carb new plugs they came with the motor anyway. Level engine stand. I will follow up with you guys on my progress. Thanks for all the pointers and suggestions. very appreciated!