Manifold exhaust petcock

Slayze

Cadet
Hello peoples. Purchased an 85 Bayliner with an AQ125A Volvo Penta. Over all in nice shape for an 85, but here are a few things I need to fix. I can't seem to find a replacement petcock for the manifold exhaust drain. Can someone point me in the right direction? Has anyone had trouble getting the female part that the petcock screws Into out of the manifold? I need to change that as well, but I'm a little Leary about it breaking off or something. Also have antifreeze leaking from the seal that leads to heat exchanger, but I found a seal kit for that. Thanks in advance.

ChrisinPHX

Seaman
I actually added Fumoto valves to mine when I replaced my manifolds. When done at the lake, I can just flip the levers, drain the manifolds, and then flip them back closed.

Slayze

Cadet
You have any trouble getting the piece that petcock screws into out of the manifold?

Slayze

Cadet
Hmm wonder if I can just put in a 1/4" stainless ball valve. I may try to get the adapter out of the manifold tonight. The petcock is out. Just need the other piece out now.