Man, O Man,........... What a Weekend............

Bondo

Staff member
Today, June 5th,... I turn the Big 50........<br />No Problem with the thought,...... Just Another Day to Me..........<br /><br />But,..... Man,.. What a Weekend,.......<br /><br />Saturday,... Jefferson County had their annual Tax Auction,.......<br />Ayuh,.... I Had to Go,..... A few years ago,.. I Screwed Up Terribly,.... Bought a Comm. Building, Without a Plan,.......<br />And LOST........ :( <br />Long story short,.. It cost Me about $10,000. For Nothing,..... My Donation to the Economic Well Being of Jefferson County,+ to a point,.. The Village of Carthage................<br />Anyway,.....<br />I continue to go to the auctions,.. Just looking for "Whatever" catches My eye,... <br />Although I Do, Do a Lot More Research on the properties Now,.... Before I Bid.................. :rolleyes: <br />Well,..... This year there were about 6 or 8 properties that had Some sort of potential as either land investments, or rentals, or possible live-ins,.....<br />1 of My favorite picks was a small house/cottage On the water in the village of Chaumont,......This is the mouth of the Chaumont River,... It dumps into Chaumont Bay,... Which is the largest bay on Lake Ontario............<br />The World is reachable from the Front Door,.. In a Boat............ :D <br /><br /> I Bought It........... :D <br /><br /><br />
chaumonthouse.jpg
<br /><br />Well,........... I had already dropped all My nickles on the counter by 10:30am,..... I'm a Happy, but Poor Camper at this point,........ Headed home to tell the Queen,.. I'd bought her a New Nest,... Waterfront at That,.........<br />When I pulled into the drive,.. over 2hrs Early,.... The Party was out of the Bag,.........<br />I'd had My Suspicions,............ <br />Debbie came out to the truck a little disappointed that I'd blown her Surprise,..And told me I had to Go Away,.... Till 1pm........<br />OK,....... I'll go inspect Our New House ,.........<br />That took Some of Her Pain Away..........But, She had to finish getting the party ready,+ Couldn't Go................<br /><br />As I looked over the property,.... It's got a few issues,.. But None I Can't Handle..........<br />The Huge Poplar tree in the yard needs a Climber to remove some deadwood,+ a general clean-up of a pretty healthy tree,... for a poplar anyway.......<br />I'd just cut it Down,... But Debbie says NO......<br /><br />And,.. I see some jacking,+ leveling to be done,.......<br />I got to looking,+ Thinking about it today,..... If I'm going to jack this place up about 4" to get it straightened out,....................<br />Why Stop There.................................................. :D <br />If you look in the pic. you can see the concrete foundation just above the umbrella on the table, Where the white siding turns grey,.....................<br />I'm going to jack the building up to sit a Foot above That Point,+ Set it down on a Steel Foundation,........ I beams, H beams,.. Guard Rails,.... Whatever I find in the next year,.......Probably 10 to 20 tons,........<br />Square Footage,+ the Value will go up 1/3,.....<br /><br /><br />Well,.......... Anyway,............<br />After spending a couple hours looking it over,+ Meeting 6 of the Neighbors,............Great Folks by the way........<br />I went home to My Surprize Party.............. :D <br /><br />Debbie did a Great Job,... Contacted ALOT of Very Old Friends,......Probably 50, 60 People.......<br />Around 2:30 or so,.. an Old Bud meandered over,+ into the middle of My current conversation,....... And asked Me who that was pulling into the drive,???.... <br />My Reply,......Ayuh,..... Probably More of Debbie's Family,........................<br />HOLLLYYYY $$$$$$$h!!!tttttttt,.................<br />It's My 2 little Sisters ,.............<br />Got out of school Friday afternoon,+ hopped into the wheels,+ Drove 500 Miles to Surprise Me............... :D <br />11 Hours travel time out,..... Here for the afternoon,+ Left this Morning to be home, Old Town Me.,+ Ready for Work,+ School,.. Monday am.........<br />Atleast they got to see the New House........<br /><br /><br />Ayuh,.....................<br /><br />Many more Weekends like This 1,........... Will Probably Kill Me..................

Dunaruna

Admiral
Re: Man, O Man,........... What a Weekend............

Jack it up, slip a couple of toons underneath, drop in twin 454's......... :D <br /><br />What a weekend, what a score!!!<br /><br />Happy B-day bondo!!!!!!! :D ;) :p <br /><br />Aldo

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Happy Birthday bondo!! :D :D <br /><br />That looks like one realy sweet house.

Kiwi Phil

Commander

What a great birthday surprise.... you'r a lucky man indeed.<br />As for the house....wow........I am lost for words. It looks absolutely brilliant. I really envy you.<br />Good luck to you Bondo.<br />Cheers<br />Phillip

D

DJ

What a day-indeed.<br /><br />Congrat's on both.

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

BONDO!! happy fifty!! cool place on the water too!<br /><br />How many nickles did you have to put on the counter?...sl

steve n carol

Chief Petty Officer

I forgot...<br /><br /><br />Ayuh...<br /><br /><br />"any house on the water is better than no house on the water"

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Wow!.<br /><br />Really a day to remember, Bondo!<br /><br />Congratulations! :D

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

<<<<1955 vintage too! Happy Birthday a real milestone and sounds like a great one.<br /><br />Bob

sangerwaker

Commander

Sounds like a good time all the way around, Bondo. Happy B-Day and enjoy the new pad!

one more cast

Captain

Congratulations Bondo, Next time I get up that way I'll stop by and check it out.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Congrats all the way around....on a real "water mark day" Bondo. It doesn’t get much better than that dose it.

dolluper

Captain

Congrads on reaching the big one [50] that place looks like it has alot of potential Nice to live on the water,looks like you got 2 woodstoves and fireplace ???Good Luck with her I'm sure you will enjoy it [till the next auction atleast] Does the basement leak ? :eek: :D :D

crab bait

Captain

see,, 50 ain't all that bad is it..!! <br /><br />WOW,, what a day indeed..!! water front property,, holy moly..!!<br /><br />does it have a drive wa err ah boat ramp..??<br /><br />commin' up that way north in a week.. sure would be nice to stay at a B & B on the chaumont river with a nice umbrella stand.. :) ..

KaGee

Admiral

Congrats! As Bob already said 1955 Vintage here too. Must have been a good year!<br /><br />Your package should be there by Wednesday.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I didnt know BONDO had been around for 50 years. :D <br /><br />Congrads on your weekend.<br /><br />Ken

SoulWinner

Commander

Wow Bondo! You must be livin' right!

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Congratulations Bondo :) <br />I acquired the urge to have a beer at the sight of the umbrella :D <br /><br />May none ever dock a Bayliner at your door step :p :D :D

jsfinn

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Dang Bondo - what a great weekend! Happy Birthday, and when's the Iboats party at the new house?!

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Another 1955er here, congrats on living this long and scoring the place.