Mach 1 (by Freedom Boats)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Mach 1 (by Freedom Boats)

I've read all the posts on this thread and see I am not the only one struggling to get information on these boats.
Please include me on any luck you may have. Its almost time to PLAY.

Here is a picture of my Mach 1 Endeavour 2900

Attachments

• boat cropped.jpg
    boat cropped.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 2

bwingler

Seaman

Well i just joined the mach 1 crowd. I scored a 1988 17 foot Mach 1 Eclipse with a 140 mercusier over the weekend, i will post pictures as soon as i get a chance. The Boat and trailer are in decent shape for the year still has its factory decals, solid floors, decent seats, front bow cushions need redone. And i got it for a mere $200.00 off of craigs list and it runs great. I ended up dumping the old thunderhawk i had.

Barry

Mach 1 Owners,
Been away for a while and actually forgot about the forum. I am almost finished with the 18' Spitfire. Its all color sanded and buffed, new interior and other stainless items added or replaced for an updated look. Worked the 4.3 roller engine over and am now getting ready to change the bellows and pump in the Alpha 1. I have found that many aftermarket and stock parts are available on e-bay and a local marine store. Searching is pretty fun. I also found a pair of Barnaget stainless hull lights for the Mach 1. New in the original box, 185$!! SO, keep looking and I will keep checking back from time to time to see if anyone has found one of these 18 foot hot rods and wants to share info.

P.S. Did anyone see the white and blue 18 footer go up for auction on e-bay for $2900 a month ago??

Hope to hear from you

Doug

22ft condor

Recruit

well here it is 1987 22ft condor.i got alot of work ahead.the motor is in pieces,needs bench seat ,and pad redone,also skeg is broke off.but i love the boat .i was gonna sell it but im going to restore it to the best of my ability!thanks for the post .it is very inspiring

bob hoover

Recruit

just bought it on friday dont know much about it other than its a 1983 23.6 foot glastex mach 1 has a 350 in it cubby power lioft power trim tabs ect going to put it in the water for a test run saterday

Attachments

• 0214n57_20.jpg
    0214n57_20.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 0

dopeyferree

Recruit

I am looking at a 1985 24 FT Mach 1. It is supposed to have a newer 350 in it. Are these decent boats. Wasnt origionally looking at one this big but just stumbled across it. Was looking for a 21 fter but well see. Looking for a decent family ski, tube, maybe throw some fishing lines off of it.

bob hoover

Recruit

update had boat out for 10 hours for a run ,boat handle,s every well
takes off like a rocket lots of powertop end runs like a scalded cat not sure how fast but its up there very happy with it

degree

Seaman

Sorry to say, I've been away for some time what with work and all. I never got to play last year and the weather has been so ****ty this year, I just got the boat in the water today! I have not heard from the Felt nephews, so I e-mailed Matt. I should hear from him shortly.

As for my boat, it seems I have some bad exhaust manifolds. All four are cracked.

I not really looking forward to this one...

Anybody have ideas for alternatives?

maching

Recruit

I just my first Mach 1 a couple of months agao. I got a 27 foot, concord 270 SE is what it has wrote on it. The boat is in good shape, with a superchargered 502 with a Bravo one drive. If anyone can help me with any history on these boats would be appreciated. Thanks.

cygnus x-1

Recruit

I am new to iboats and was looking for info on a recently acquired Mach 1 by Felt Industries. My title says 1983, but the earliest Mach 1 information I can find is 1984. I cannot read the model # (faded), but it is approx. 17' 6" in length and about 84" in width. The motor is a Mercruiser 488. I was looking for models that were available that year to try and figure out what I have if anyone has any info. on the subject.

bsherman1983

Recruit

Hey guys... happened upon this forum, glad to see others are liking these boats as much as me...

I bought a Mach1 Condor, '89 25ft alpha one out and 350 merc inside. I have piloted boats my whole life, mainly my fathers, but this is the first boat i bought myself and owned myself. It is a great boat, been in the gulf of mexico, up and down the intercoastal and runs great for the weight and what not. some people have told me it sort of like a lake baot, more often though they call it a classic. The poeple in the marina i keep in sometimes comment on how original it looks compared to the other boats.

Anyone know of any manuals or other parts or what not for this boat let me know!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 2
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2

jimlisa86

Recruit

Picking mine up Tuesday. It looks like good info on the boat is going to sketchy and hard to find. I'm looking forward to some kind of web page getting put together (hint hint Mr. Degree) so we can help each other out.

I hope you got your problems worked out degree...

Attachments

• Mach1boat1.jpg
    Mach1boat1.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 1
  • Mach1boat4.jpg
    Mach1boat4.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 1
  • Mach1boat8.jpg
    Mach1boat8.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1
  • Mach1boat11.jpg
    Mach1boat11.jpg
    1.4 KB · Views: 1

Incorrigible

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I would love to know more information on all of these. My Mach 1? Not absolutely sure which it is. Registration is 1991 Mach 1 at 20.5" open bow. Assuming she's a MV2150BR (assuming BR is bow rider as this is an open bow) with an Alpha lower and a 350small block. ANY additional information would be great....

Machoneer

Recruit

Hey Everyone I just came across your forum and I became intrigued. I have been a Mach 1 owner since early 1999. I have a 1989 Mach 1 Concorde 27 ft with twin 350's and alpha drives. The boat is almost completely original with under 500 hours. The boat has treated me very well with just routine maintenance. Unfortunately I just listed the boat for sale due to my family growing and we need an open bow or more cockpit space. I feel like I am trading in my sportscar for a mini van. I love this boat. I put her on ebay last night. Good to see some others loving the Mach 1 line. Please keep the info coming.

Attachments

• Concorde.jpg
    Concorde.jpg
    151.7 KB · Views: 2

motoes

Recruit
Mach 1

Mach 1

I just bought a 1988 Mach 1 Concord 235. I bought it for $3000. It has the 454 with Bravo. Anyway...what a steal. Ran great the day I bought it and intend to use it for quite awhile. Where do you buy parts for these boats? I really need to know. Thanks, Motoes

csturben

Recruit

I have had my MV2540CC for awhile now. Parts (depending on what they are) are hard to come by. I myself have taken out the carbed 454 in favor of a 350MAG EFI mated to the Bravo 1. Th Bravo got beefed up with bigger U's and of course a new gimbal and bellows. I have only ever seen one that was close to mine and it was in pictures. We were down at Cumberland for the poker run a few weeks ago and only saw two other Mach 1's. I will post pictures after I re-do the interior this winter. The colors will remain red, white, black and am adding silver. Does anyone have a picture of the origional logo? I am going to have it stitched into the sunpad and really don't want to have to try to "design" a new one. Thanks.

Mach1buddy

Recruit

Im not familar with how iboat.com works, Im am new to this, maybe you can help me, i recently purchased a Freedom 88 Mach 1 Concorde with twin 350's mv2700 is the model number, I took it out this past weekend and the boat cavatated when i tried taking off, to plane the boat out. It has 21 pitch aluminum props on it currently. Do you have any information about this boat model, or what I may need to do to prevent it from cavating everytime out of the hole?

LorsVette

Recruit
Restoring Striping on Gelcoat

Restoring Striping on Gelcoat

Hi Guys,
I have a 87 Mach I 2350 in which the boat is in great condition. I've recoved the seats and rebuilt the wood engine cover etc. However, boat, being blue/white, the blue paint stripe running along the side / windows/ around back by exhaust has faded badly. I've tried buffing (regular buffer), compounding, general compound, and waxing.

I've taken to auto body and they don't recommend working on boats with gel coat.

Any recommendations????

Thanks,
Lori

FredFender

Recruit

Hello-new to thread and iboats. I have a '87 2350 Condor with a single 305(I think) and an alpha. I do love the boat but want a better hole shot. My prop is a 21 pitch and considering going to 19....any ideas on a better hole shot? Top speed on glass is about 39-40....normal????

Status
Not open for further replies.