Lund pike restoration

Bonstrosity

Seaman Apprentice
So I have decided to tackle replacing the floor in my boat and possibly changing the floor plan. I have a couple of questions though.

1. When replacing the floor what plywood do I need to use? Can I get by with regular but epoxied wood or do I need marine plywood

2. What are my options besides carpet? I would like something that can be hosed off.

3. What's the best way to attach the floor back to the stringers? Can I get rivets like the ones lund used from the factory or should I use screws?

4. Do I need to use the pour in foam or does the pink home building foam work just as well?

5. Finally I have a boat identical to the one pictured below, are the livewell and rodholder a structural necessity in the boat or can they be removed and left out of the new design?

Spinnaker

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Lund pike restoration

You can use polyester resin coated plywood.
You can use vinyl decking as lots of Lund boats have it.
You can screw it down with stainless.
I'll let someone else jump in on the foam as there are so many opinions on this. I say 2 part pour in foam.
The live well and rod holder will not be structural.

jcupo6

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lund pike restoration

I used the pink foam, and lots of people on this site do too.

You can use untreated plywood or marine grade, but I hear its real bad to use treated wood in aluminum boats not really sure why.

I used marine board, it's a bit pricey but I love how it turned out. It's basically cutting board material. It's made for boats, so it is not slippery when wet.

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg