LOWRANCE 320 GPS PLUG CONFUSION

structural1

Seaman Apprentice
Hey guys... I've hit a wall on this one. First time GPS/Sonar user and these plugs have me confused. I was given this ancient LMS-320 Sonar/GPS. It came without the receiver so I downloaded the manual and saw it takes the lGC-12W or EGC-12W receiver. Found a EGC-12W on Ebay and picked it up. Here is the issue... The back of the head unit has a 4 prong plug that looks like a 90 degree turn lock and has 4 "female" holes. The plug on the EGC-12W pigtail also has what looks like a 90 degree turn lock feature and 4 "female" holes. They look like the same plug. One side has to be the "outer plug" and have 4 "male" prongs and one has to be the "inner plug" and have 4 "female" holes. Am I missing an adapter here. WTF is going on? The manual is useless. Surely I am making a rookie mistake here. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• photo214306.jpg
    photo214306.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 0

alldodge

Staff member
Hey guys... I've hit a wall on this one. First time GPS/Sonar user and these plugs have me confused. I was given this ancient LMS-320 Sonar/GPS. It came without the receiver so I downloaded the manual and saw it takes the lGC-12W or EGC-12W receiver. Found a EGC-12W on Ebay and picked it up. Here is the issue... The back of the head unit has a 4 prong plug that looks like a 90 degree turn lock and has 4 "female" holes. The plug on the EGC-12W pigtail also has what looks like a 90 degree turn lock feature and 4 "female" holes. They look like the same plug. One side has to be the "outer plug" and have 4 "male" prongs and one has to be the "inner plug" and have 4 "female" holes. Am I missing an adapter here. WTF is going on? The manual is useless. Surely I am making a rookie mistake here. What do you guys think?

Just did a quick look through the Lowrance 320 manual and I don't see the EGC-12W, I did find it for use with Eagle models Fishelite, Seachart and Intelemap 320's.
http://www.lowrance.com/Root/Lowrance-Documents/lms320_0105-971_092502.pdf