FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have a 2001 Evinrude Outboard 150 (V6) with a bad lower unit. I found a lower unit to a 1996 Evinrude Outboard 225(V6). Are the two lower units compatible? Can I replace my 2001 lower unit with the 1996 one?
Lower units will interchange but not a direct bolt on. You will have to change driveshafts as different length and shift shaft also. Gear ratios are the same on all V-6 from 1976-2007=1.86.1. The new Magnaum E-tech is different I hear.