Lost without her

LubeDude

Admiral
Re: Lost without her

We lost our Golden a few years back, the sad part is that the memories will never go away. Every time you take a walk you will expect to see them running by. Its almost like losing a child.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Man, I feel your pain I lost my best buddie a few yrs back........Im really sorry for you.

D

DJ

Pointer,<br /><br />They become a part of the family. Our "black" Charbaby is definetely so.<br /><br />I feel your loss.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Wow, nothing can break a heart like the loss of a great pet. <br /><br />When I lost a dog to a truck as a young child, my grandpa told me this....Dogs are special to us. Sadly they don't live as long as us. Maybe this is Gods way for us humans to enjoy more of our friends during our lifetime. There are plenty more that is waiting for the love and companionship. Then he presented me with a new puppy!<br /><br />It does hurt to lose your best friend, but a puppy has a way to help deal with the hurting in ones heart...<br /><br />Hang in there and cheerish the moments that you had Pointer....

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Pointer sorry to hear of your loss. I lost one that was by my side for 13+ years. A dogs love. No tighter bond will ever be known. You have my deepest sympathy.

PW2

Commander

My golden is 11 years old. She's still in great shape, but I know I'll be facing what you are facing way too soon. To quote a famous guy, I feel your pain.

gonfishn

Commander

We have all lost that special friend at one time or another..No matter how bad a day we have had they are always there with a friendly greeting<br /><br />I was sent this Pointer when i lost my fishing companion a while back..<br /><br /> http://www.indigo.org/rainbowbridge_ver2.html

rwise

Captain

sorry to hear about your loss, it will get better, hang in there!

eeboater

Commander

I never like hearing these stories but they are an unfortunate fact of life.<br /><br />Sorry for your loss Pointer. Times like these are never easy.<br /><br />Sean

Nos4r2

Lieutenant Commander

I feel for you Pointer. My old friend is nearly 15.I know it's gonna come sooner rather than later and I'm having trouble coping with that knowledge.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I am trying to cope with this situation. Let me explain. Hanna was just three and I had laid down for a nap and Ann went to the store for snacks for the packer game. While Ann was gone, Hanna jump up on the counter and grabbed a bag of potato chips. They were opened and she jammed her head in. My girl suffocated to death in the bag right in my kitchen. Ann found her in a pile of her own urine and feces with her head still in the bag.<br /><br />This morning I took her in the truck I brought her home in as a puppy that fit in my hand, to the vet to have her creamated. I carried her in a plastic bag that I wrapped her in to hide her from Ann. And tonight I cry for Hanna. I cry alone as work has me on the road. I cry for my friend who brought me so much happiness. Tonight I cry for me.

11 footer

Lieutenant

Ahh, man I'm really sorry to hear that.<br /><br />Like a few others, I'm it makes me sad to think that I'll have to deal with that soon. My Austrainal Terrior is 15 years old, I'm only about a year and a half older then she is. She's still in decent shape, but I know her time is limited.<br /><br /><br /> It must be even worse for you, being she was so young when you didn't expect it has to be even harder.

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

May the burden on your hearten lighten with time.<br />Peace be with you.

SoulWinner

Commander

Pointer... Mrs. SW here. I lost my best friend almost two years ago. She was only 1 1/2 yrs old and the best thing God ever gave me. To this day I cry like a baby over her because I miss her so and know that the chance of ever having a friend as good as her is probably nearly impossible.<br /><br />My only advice is to cry! cry and cry hard. sometimes it does help.<br /><br />my prayers are with you in your time of sorrow...

lakelivin

Lieutenant Junior Grade

:( :( <br /><br />My sincere condolences. Those who haven't had a dog as a 'family member' can't understand the depth of the relatioship and the pain that occurs when they are lost.<br /><br />When you're ready, perhaps you might consider looking at a Golden Retreiver Rescue Group for another dog. Although none will fully replace your girl, adopting a dog rather than getting a puppy gives you a chance to better evaluate the personality characteristics of the dog and choosing one that best matches your needs. <br /><br />There is a sense of satisfaction in knowing that you've saved a dog that at one point might have been slated for euthenasia Also, rescued dogs often seem to be aware of how lucky they are to become part of a loving family and to have a special appreciation for their new home and family.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

You said you feel alone in your grief. But trust me, Pointer, you aren't crying alone. I had a buddy who, like Hanna,was by my side when most humans were not. <br /> Hosehead was not exactly a "dog". He was my closest friend. He passed away in 1996 at the age of 17. And the only thing that eased my grief, has been the passing of time and a little female minpin named Bambi. Even tho i never wanted to go thru the heartache ever again, Mrs 12Footer brought home a rae pin puppy, which is a deer-red breed of minpin. That was allmost 5 years ago (without consulting me first, i might add)... She knew what i would've said, but she also knew what my heart needed. Bambi carries the spirit of one smart,stubburn, curious black lab in addition to her own. I see him every day thru her small cow-like eyes.<br />Think seriously about getting another companion quickly, Pointer. Bambi sure eased the pain allmost from day-one. This was something 4 years without a good friend under-foot could not do. I know God gives them such a short time compaired to us. And i figure God don't make mistakes, so it has to be for reasons best-known to God.<br />But those reasons must include us somehow.