Lost without her

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
We lost our golden retriever Hanna today. She was a friend to everyone who met her. There is a hole in me that she used to fill. She was my friend at a time when I had none. A better listener than most people and said more with an expression than most people can write in a novel.<br /><br />Beloved friend - you will always be remembered.

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Lost without her

Pointer,<br /><br />You have my sincere sympathy. We have a golden named Joe. He is my third. There can be no better friend than a golden.

Pointer, we had a dog Bear, someone gave her antifreeze in her dog food a couple of years ago and we had to put her to sleep. I never found out who did it and I loved her so much. I know what its like to loose a pet they are part of the family. It's hard to let go. Hang in there we are thinking of you.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Unconditional love is pretty powerful, Pointer.<br /><br />Losing it is truly heartbreaking.<br /><br />It breaks my heart to know how you are feeling. :( <br /><br />Time will heal and leave you with precious memories.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

my sympathy's and prayer are with ya. lost mine last year after 9 years. out of the dog biddness now.

brother chris

Commander

Sorry for your loss pointer. <br />I never thought losing a dog could be as hard as it is.

CJY

Lieutenant Junior Grade

So sorry Pointer. Hang in there and savor your memories of her. She will always be with you.<br /><br />John

SoulWinner

Commander

Doug,<br /><br />You have our deepest symapthy. Maybe this will help you out my friend:<br /><br /><br />Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge. <br />When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.<br /><br />All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind. <br />They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. <br /><br />You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart. <br /><br />Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together.... <br /><br />Author unknown...<br /><br />Peace brother.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Pointer....a sad day.....bless you ......

KaGee

Admiral

So sorry my friend. I know how attached you can get to them. Just like your kids.

Link

Rear Admiral

Sorry to hear Pointer. My thoughts echo yours when it comes to family pets.

Marc J.

Petty Officer 1st Class

I thought this was gonna be about a failed relationship. I good dog is a bigger loss. You have my sympathy.

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Sorry to hear the news pointer. Thanks for letting us know of your loss. Thats what were here for. ;)

sangerwaker

Commander

My deepest condolences, pointer. A dog fills a space no person can. Time heals all, bud. Take care.

durk187

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Pointer<br /><br />I wondered what I could say to make you feel better about you loss. I could think of nothing meangful except a "sorry"... but your post really caught my attention.<br /><br />You see I too have and oldie goldie and understand what kind of bond you have with them. Mine has been scilently by my side...with a smile, and a wag of the tail... all of his life. Thinking of him gone someday, brings a sadness you are experencing. <br />Also, my wife and I will be having our first baby girl in November, interestingly, one of the two names picked out is Hanna.<br /><br />As sign from god, and as an honour to best friends lost...Hanna will be her name.<br /> <br /><br />Rest assured her memory will live<br /><br />Warm Wishes

theriver

Petty Officer 1st Class

Nothing to say but just remember all the good times, cry if you need to and never forget her.<br />I'm really sorry about your loss. My 9 year old basset hound and I are connected at the hip (or ankles)-I sometimes think about the inevitable, but its very hard to do.

RustyC

Seaman Apprentice

Pointer so sorry to hear of your loss. I have two Goldens and they best dogs. The hardest part is they take a piece of us with them when they go. My deepest sympathy.<br /><br />Rusty