Lost my job..........

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Lost my job..........

I just laid off 8 hourly personnel. Business is slow, and I put it off 6 weeks longer than I should have. They will work 4-1 thus qualifing them for Medical, Dental for all of April. The scarry part is I could be handed a box after they leave. Mine will NOT be a layoff, but a discharge. Salaried personnel rarly get recalled. So somebody remind me why we send our work to other countries? Then expect those products to sell like gold to those of us who are unemployed? Notinbig....You have my sincere empathy, I wish you the best of luck, and let the cream rise to the top.

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> I just laid off 8 hourly personnel. Business is slow, and I put it off 6 weeks longer than I should have.
Been there, done that, but in my own business.<br /><br />I was too soft.<br /><br />Hoped things would get better and didn't want to sack people.<br /><br />But after a couple or three months it's clear that things aren't going to improve.<br /><br />The problem is that carrying the dead wages comes out of profits, being the owner's pocket.<br /><br />Always cheered me up knowing that I felt like a total @#^& for putting people out of work, not to mention risking all my assets, trying to work in a market that was continually interfered with by outside forces, usually government, in pursuit of the latest great theory or ideology imposed by people who generally couldn't organise a pi$$-up in a brewery and whose sole claim to fame was that they'd sucked their way up a party structure to get into government. The more they extolled the virtues of a free market the more they wanted to interfere with it.<br /><br />BAH!

SoulWinner

Commander

dhud64,<br /><br />I am a process server (you know, the "you've been served" guy) and my wife owns a print brokerage. Started the print brokerage 4 years ago with $5000. borrowed from American General, and this year we expect half a million in revenue. God has blessed us beyond our wildest dreams. He is truly a generous and loving Father.

Bass Man Bruce

Lieutenant

notinbig, Now your new job is to find you another job, do it well! Good luck!

notinbig

Petty Officer 1st Class

Just got back from busting my a**. Got a second interview with a good company tomarrow and a conection I had said to give him a call tomarrow aswell so it is looking bright it's just hard to stay positive when I still deal with sending tools and such back to the company. can I send a heavy/large package COD on UPS????