Lost a Starcraft last Night

ThePartsMan

Petty Officer 3rd Class
My Mom and Step dad are getting a divorce and I am loosing the Starcraft.
They are selling everything to try and pay off there debt.
Pulled it out of storage, washed it off and started it one last time. Then it was off to there house to sell.

I still have my 14' Super star but I will miss the use of my Granpa's old SS180.

fshngho

Lieutenant
Re: Lost a Starcraft last Night

I am sorry to hear that. Actually all of it. Was the boat a gift from grandpa? If it was given to you then I don't think your parents can sell it. In either case you can get another. Concentrate on family first.

Beezerchris

Seaman Apprentice

I'm relieved to read that it was not a boating accident and no lives were harmed, but ... there are other kinds of harm and I feel for you. Hopefully down the road you can get another SS180 and rekindle some great memories. In the meantime take care of yourself and your Mum.

Huron Angler

Admiral

Explain that is has significant sentimental value being that there is only one Starcraft that was your grandpa's.:cool:

Then offer to make payments on the rig if all they want is the cash, even if you have to negotiate a bit maybe you can work out a reasonable solution.

Other than that, keep in mind that there are tons of other tin cans for sale and maybe you can find a good one later on.

I'd hate to see it go as I can tell you love the boat. Good luck to ya!

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

Sorry for you're parents divorce. The boat is only a material possesion, however it was your Gramps so that has to hurt.:(

On a brighter note there are lots of tinnies out there begging for a good home. We need another resto too. Working on a Starcraft is good therapy, and the SC crue here is tops.

Good luck, hope everything works out for you. That payment plan sounds like a great idea.

Crazyman1225

Seaman

Sorry to hear about the issue with your folks, that really sucks. Talk to them and see if they would sell you the boat and if they would take payments. I'm sure that with a little guilt trip about the sentimental attachment you have to the boat, being it was your grand dads, they would see it your way and come to terms with you so that you can keep the boat. Good luck and sorry about the folks.

ThePartsMan

Petty Officer 3rd Class

He left it to her. Not me.

It needed more attention than I could give it anyway.
It is the best for everybody. Maybe even the boat.
I was even the one that brought it up when she was talking about needing money. Still it hurts a little.

On the up side.
My uncle still has grandpa's other boat.
That's the one with more memories.