looking for other bomber boat owners for info and pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

determined20112

Recruit
we love our bomber boat. hope to find other fiberking boat owners for info and pics. cant find any information on these boats. we would like to know how many are still in use.

Attachments

• 69430007.jpg
    69430007.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 4
  • 69430016.jpg
    69430016.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 4
  • Picture 80.jpg
    Picture 80.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 4

marine93

Recruit
Re: looking for other bomber boat owners for info and pics

my boat.jpgI own a 1993 bomber pro series with a johnson gt175 on it hotfppt 4 inch jack plat w t/t on the steering wheel. I to have had a heck of a time finding any info on this boat i bought it about a month or so ago and it runs real well but cant find a dry weight or any thing ive looked everywere so any info i get ill share with anyone. if anyone has any info please tell all

nightwolf

Recruit

1985 bomber 16.5ft fish and ski in northeastern nebraska. 90 hp evinrude v4 original to boat runs strong rides smooth, bought for 1700 back in november wouldn't take 4700 if offered to me today! Hope you enjoy your Bomber! As for info about bomber boats good luck I have been looking as well have found next to nothing. In the last couple weeks I have seen 5 others for sale across the country on craigslist. Sorry no pics will post some in the next couple weeks.

marc levvis

Recruit

88 bomber comander 200 in rockwall Tx. 200 mariner V6.Good solid boat, I love it .

mhyder63ford

Seaman

just bought one 1985 bomber king, i think that is what its called 17ft fish n ski,115 johnson. only had it in the lake for a test ride where i bought it. it is nasty dirty pictures as soon as i get the pine neddles out of it and wash it

mhyder63ford

Seaman

0527011836a_0001.jpg0527011836_0001.jpg0527011835_0001.jpg here are a few of my 1985 16footer, has a 115 jonhson

Bomber175fs

Recruit

hi I have a fiberking bomber 175 FS fish & ski 1991 model with 150hp mercury v1500 black Max outboard would like to get electric swith diagram it has faded so I need to relable it ... No info online .... I m in bull shoals, ar on the bull shoals lake

RHMichael

Recruit

I just bought a Bomber without a motor as a project. As it gets ready to go I pics will be uploaded. Does anyone know if the year of manufacture is hidden in the Serial Number? I don't know when it was built.

ford4wd08

Seaman Apprentice

I just bought a 1985 bomber a couple weeks ago. Sweet little boat even though it's only a 14 ft bass boat. Has a same year 50 horse Yamaha. I think the tag in the boat says fiberking scout. I need to clean it up just haven't had time. Here is the only pic I have for now.

boat.jpg

Dadfsr

Recruit

Got a chance to pick up a 79 Bomber w/ trailer and cover for $400 but no engine. The one sideview pic I've seen of it looks pretty good. Does this sound like a decent price??? I've been using an OLD 14' jonboat that I kind of restored so this would definitely be a step up.

marc levvis

Recruit

iboats 003.jpgiboats 005.jpg I have an 88 ultra 200 took a bit of workbut solid as arock and will break 60mph in a split,, good boats
Got a chance to pick up a 79 Bomber w/ trailer and cover for $400 but no engine. The one sideview pic I've seen of it looks pretty good. Does this sound like a decent price??? I've been using an OLD 14' jonboat that I kind of restored so this would definitely be a step up.

Bomber Goober

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I have a 84 bomber scout, currently in demo for rebuild, just started the thread in the rebuild section but will be updates and pics as time goes on, as far as info, Ive had a hard time finding anything. From the little I found fiberking stopped making bombers in '93 and that's all I found so far

Bomber Goober

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I just bought a Bomber without a motor as a project. As it gets ready to go I pics will be uploaded. Does anyone know if the year of manufacture is hidden in the Serial Number? I don't know when it was built.

im sure somewhere on here there is a section about it but I had this page bookmarked

Hull ID Numbers - BoatSafe.com

Bombercobra224

Recruit

Hello from Indiana.

I have an 88 Bomber Cobra. I have had it for about 4 years. Last year I invested in a fully remanufactured long block for the 3.7. It is reassembled now and mounted. As soon as the weather breaks, I will complete the hook up and am planning on a teardrop engine cowl to replace the aging ( and rotting ) orignial design.
This a beautifully designed boat with neck snapping performance. Plan to post some pics soon.

It is good to know there are others out there like myself that appreciate a shapely hull!

chuck shipley

Recruit

we love our bomber boat. hope to find other fiberking boat owners for info and pics. cant find any information on these boats. we would like to know how many are still in use.

I have an 81 bomber bandit pro in mint condition , has a 115 mercury on it no pics yet

Bomber Goober

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Last edited:

Bomberboy

Recruit

Got our 1988 Commander Bomber out of storage today. We have all new seats, cushions, carpet, vinyl ready to be re-installed inside the boat. The outside needs some buffing. Up front where the motor mounts to the 4 bolts, it is a bit rotted, and the motor has dropped about an inch. So, we are trying to figure out the best way to replace that wood... any suggestions? Or does anybody know how that wood is in there? Does it go across all the way, or perhaps shaped like a V and follows the V hull? Any info on what I might need to do would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!

Here's a picture of the boat before we get it back into perfect condition...

(Click on the picture to make it larger)
boat_1.jpg
boat_2.jpg

UncleEvan

Recruit

Bought this '88 Commander back in April - paint was rough, but only had 245 original hours on 200hp motor. Interior is all original and floor is in decent shape. Some soft spots that I plan to get into once the season ends. Aesthetically, the exterior wasn't bad - original graphics roughly 80% (not bad for an '88). Spent the weekend with a buddy taking some 3M to the paint to bring back some of the original color and gloss. Can't bear the thought of repainting it - going to be difficult to match the original flake.

Nitpicky things abound (center caps for chrome trailer wheel hubs, small cracks in vinyl, soft spots in floor), but otherwise feel like I stole this boat. It does 40+ tacking 5k on 89 octane, and pulls like hell up to that point. Will start posting pics of the interior when I start digging into it, as I've never tackled upholstery before.

Before I do something stupid - are these Bombers worth anything? According to Google, they barely even exist.

CommanderLake.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.