Going to try something NEW ATTN: OMC owners.

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
Ok, spent sometime this morning talking to the folks at SEI about a new product they are about to release for OMC stern drives.

In a nutshell, its a replacement for the transom housing that couples to the existing OMC engine / bellhousing and allows you to install their new SEI 116 (replacement for an Alpha 1 - Gen 2) outdrive. I see a lot of advantages to it including no longer being stuck finding parts to for the OMC drives and their 3 year NO FAULT warranty. (Basically if you use the proper oil and don't modify the drive in anyway its warranted.)

As noted, they aren't quite ready to let it out to the public yet but I did order one for a winter project I have in mind. When it gets here I'll take some photos and try to document the process of changing it over. If it all works as advertised I can see it being a big hit with OMC owners that need a new drive.

By the way, I hope this is something iBoats adds to their parts section.

Lyndy

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Going to try something NEW ATTN: OMC owners.

Did they mention the OMC Model Years it would cover?

Bt Doctur

Supreme Mariner

It covers the "Cobra" style only

Gary H NC

Fleet Admiral

Bubba,
A good write up with pics would be great! I have been interested in seeing the conversion..:D

krisnowicki

Lieutenant Junior Grade

it shows using the omc tilt trim ram on the alpha? These are a bit shorter wouldnt that make a difference? but gosh do I wish this was here now. I just did this swap and it is alot of work

grahamh

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I want a kit for my Stringer!

jtybt

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I passed on a free early 80's searay 240 weekender just because it had a stringer drive.