looking for any help

benzico

Cadet
hello all, first off i know its in the wrong forum but i am looking for any ideas.
I have a honda 115 efi that starts, idles smooth but when i leave the pontoon it will respond well for 5 mins then it will start missing and struggles to maintain revs, at this stage i have to throttle back and limp home. back at the pontoon the engine will run rough, even in neutral.
I have cleaned or changed everything in the fuel system from tank upto the injector rai including the vapor sep components. I looked at the fuel pump diaphram,ok ,tank vent,ok . I am beginning to think that its a heat related problem., maybe ht leads/coil or maybe headgasket. The engine will idle at the pontoon all day but will not run after 5 mins use in open water????
Any help or suggestions very welcome because its doing my head in!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: looking for any help

I am really curious why you thought that posting a Honda problem in the Mercury forum was a good idea, benzico.

I am putting it where it belongs.

hondon

Lieutenant Commander
Re: looking for any help

That 115 has been around for awhile so when is the last time that water pump has been looked at?You can monitor your engine temp by touching the t stat housing after a reasonable warm up time.It should be warm but not unbearably hot to touch.