Looking for a salt water boat

southernboater

Seaman Apprentice
I own a 22 ft pontoon which we have used for inshore saltwater fishing for many years. Now considering replacing it with something faster that is safe for open water side of our barrier islands. No plans to go miles out. Needs to be comfortable for my bride who doesn't fish, but goes along for the ride. Still want to be able to fish the intercoastal. Budget is $50,000 and no problems with used. Any thoughts appreciated.

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Late 2000,s Wellcraft Coastal, Aquia Sport, Hydra Sport, Trophy all would work for what you want to do but might I suggest a Walkaround (go to have a head to keep the Admiral happy) and all should be obtainable on your budget. Most don't draft to large an amount and have canvas for some protection. The walkarounds (any manufacturer) are very versatile and I and My wife love ours

southernboater

Seaman Apprentice
Late 2000,s Wellcraft Coastal, Aquia Sport, Hydra Sport, Trophy all would work for what you want to do but might I suggest a Walkaround (go to have a head to keep the Admiral happy) and all should be obtainable on your budget. Most don't draft to large an amount and have canvas for some protection. The walkarounds (any manufacturer) are very versatile and I and My wife love ours
Having onboard facilities never dawned on me, my bride thinks its a great idea! Thanks for the suggestion, i"ll do some research.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Having onboard facilities never dawned on me, my bride thinks its a great idea!
Unless you get a flushable head, they all love them until it comes time to dump and clean it.

Have a wife and three daughters. The rule was you use it, you clean it.
Can’t remember the last time it was even mentioned, let alone used

Extrasalty

Cadet
A good new boat option would be the tidewater 210 CC adventure which comes with a 150 Yamaha but is 51k. A good used option would be a pro line there’s one by me going for 45k it’s an early 2000s pro line 30wa with twin 225 Mercury outboards