Looking for a rub rail source

mmd5

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1959 Dowty Turbocraft I'm restoring and I'm having trouble finding a source for some replacement rub rail. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• IMG_1127.jpg
    IMG_1127.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3699.jpg
    IMG_3699.jpg
    112.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

Okielure

Cadet
Re: Looking for a rub rail source

Looking to replace mine soon as well. After doing my research, I found Taco makes one of the best lines of rub rails. Don't know if your replacing any inserts, but my problem is the replacement inserts no longer come in red so I'm looking at improvising with flexible red tubing. Anyhow, I'd check out Taco products.

mmd5

Seaman Apprentice

it's semi rigid PVC....I think

mmd5

Seaman Apprentice

I looked through the TACO product line and didn't see anything that was even close. I'll probably email them shortly with a pic, and see if they have any suggestions

GWPSR

Senior Chief Petty Officer

These guys have 14 pages of rubrail (200 items) in profiles I've never seen before. I didn't see an exact match for yours on there, but a few that might be alternatives.

jbcurt00

Staff member

These guys have 14 pages of rubrail (200 items) in profiles I've never seen before. I didn't see an exact match for yours on there, but a few that might be alternatives.
Holy rub rail mecca GWP, thats ^^^ a lot of rubrail choices

Good luck mmd5,

mmd5

Seaman Apprentice

that's great, thank you. I'll look through them and try and find one that's close.

frankk

Seaman

Guys, I purchased a lil Hobo and the fellow that I purchased it from used escalator rails. Looks / works great