Look what I found on ebay, a great find I was told

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class
:eek: have been wanting one like this ever since I moved to Germany. Not just any but exactly this brand and this type as I used to own one previously back home.:D picking it up on Saturday and giong on my first trip. 357 euros. I had a high bid of 500 euros. It was listed as in very good condition, seems pristine condition to me. Now I am Colie and Zodie lol

Attachments

• COLEMAN CANOE.jpg
    COLEMAN CANOE.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 0
  • COLEMANCANOE!.jpg
    COLEMANCANOE!.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 0
  • COLEMANRAMX.jpg
    COLEMANRAMX.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 0
  • COLEMANRX15.jpg
    COLEMANRX15.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 0

Vinnys

Seaman
Re: Look what I found on ebay, a great find I was told

We do some kayaking here, Long Island and upstate NY, that looks like a great canoe. Good luck. I did most of my early day fresh water fishing from the classic Grumman canoe. They were tanks but rode and fished great. Not sure what 357 Euros is in American cash...You will enjoy it if it is your first. If not you already know
Good luck
Vinny

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

We do some kayaking here, Long Island and upstate NY, that looks like a great canoe. Good luck. I did most of my early day fresh water fishing from the classic Grumman canoe. They were tanks but rode and fished great. Not sure what 357 Euros is in American cash...You will enjoy it if it is your first. If not you already know
Good luck
Vinny

It tallies to be 535US. But I cant get it here normally so I didnt mind paying as much as 500 euros for it. Its not my first coleman, its my second that is why when decided to look for a canoe I just put in coleman and lo and behold a coleman was available in germany and I grabbed the oportunity to bid on it. It will be primarily used for floats and just on the water as using the Zodiac is so cumbersome at times and so much work just for a small quiet outing.

likalar

Petty Officer 1st Class

Coleman canoes are amazing...the summer camp my son worked at used them. They were old, beat to hell, and still worked perfectly. Yours looks in great shape.
Larry

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Coleman canoes are amazing...the summer camp my son worked at used them. They were old, beat to hell, and still worked perfectly. Yours looks in great shape.
Larry

Thanks, I am picking it up in the morning and I cant wait to jump right into it in the afternoon and go on a float. I remember mine back home was super great, a bit heavy but it was a wonderful canoe and I missed it so much when I moved over here. Now I wont have to miss it again.

scooper77515

Senior Chief Petty Officer

That was my first boat. Worked out great for fresh and saltwater fishing. I loaded it on top of a Nissan Sentra with Yakima surfboard racks, and could load and unload it by myself (80 lbs, to it wasn't "light" but it was do-able).

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

That was my first boat. Worked out great for fresh and saltwater fishing. I loaded it on top of a Nissan Sentra with Yakima surfboard racks, and could load and unload it by myself (80 lbs, to it wasn't "light" but it was do-able).

Hi, that was going to me my next question how did it handle in the sea and di dyou do winter sea fishing in it as well`Did you find it a bit unstable and rocked a bit to much? I used it for 5 hours yesterday, it was hard to paddle cuz it was so big. We managed but it was a monster to keep it straight. Should the heavier person sit at the back and the lighter being me sit in front? I was in the back and it was difficult to keep the boat on a straight couse. Do you know how I can install self made stabilizers? We managed to lift and load and unload it nicely. A tad heavy for me alone but two of us managed it well. I noticed if I lieft from the bow it was easier for me and I love the handles. Its built like a sherman tank for sure. I love it

fbpooler

Petty Officer 1st Class

Canoes are flat water boats, so I woud not recommend taking it out in the ocean. They are too long and skinny for rough water.

We used one for fresh water fishing and duck hunting for years, and it was a joy for that. The rear paddler steers primarilly unless the bow paddler is experienced and can help steer. I assume you are using the j stroke in the rear on one side of the boat and not swaping sides to steer.

It should be loaded with the front of the boat higher in the water than the rear, so seat placement plays a part.

scooper77515

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Yes, flat water. I used mine in the bays of Corpus Christi, not off the beaches where the waves were.

It IS hard to keep straight. You will get a rhythm after a while, where you end up paddling 3 times on one side, once on other then one on first side and three times on other, or something like that. You will eventually find a pattern that will keep it straight, sort of...

More difficult with second person until you find another pattern. I found it easiest when my wife was up front, and I let her do most of the forward thrusting paddling, and I just steered by dragging my paddle and paddling about half as much as she did.

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Canoes are flat water boats, so I woud not recommend taking it out in the ocean. They are too long and skinny for rough water.

We used one for fresh water fishing and duck hunting for years, and it was a joy for that. The rear paddler steers primarilly unless the bow paddler is experienced and can help steer. I assume you are using the j stroke in the rear on one side of the boat and not swaping sides to steer.

It should be loaded with the front of the boat higher in the water than the rear, so seat placement plays a part.
I had planned to use it on a Fond an inner arm of a river that flows into the Atlantic but its way way up river and flat like glass, but its winter we are talking about and I dont want to use it cuz its a bit too unstable, I would hate to fall into 5C water in December.

I am more experienced than my husband is with paddling a canoe, but he is bigger, tallker, stronger than me so I put him behind. today we Paddled th Zodiac 340 for 3 hours. Tonight I shall sleep well. I am exhausted to say the least but we had to cuz there aer lakes here in geermany that you can only use engine at a certain point thenyou have to SHUT it off and row, paddle or dont enter.. I wanted to enter so I went tfor hit I am aching from head to toe to say the lesat. The canoe now seems like a piece of cake compared to this boat fully loaded with gear, two dogs two people engine gas tank anchor.

zodiac340m

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yes, flat water. I used mine in the bays of Corpus Christi, not off the beaches where the waves were.

It IS hard to keep straight. You will get a rhythm after a while, where you end up paddling 3 times on one side, once on other then one on first side and three times on other, or something like that. You will eventually find a pattern that will keep it straight, sort of...

More difficult with second person until you find another pattern. I found it easiest when my wife was up front, and I let her do most of the forward thrusting paddling, and I just steered by dragging my paddle and paddling about half as much as she did.

heck we were paddling me always to the right and he always to the left, so that was WRONG I take it:eek:

So its like three, one, then three one from other side and just keep repeating it? Or with two people we need to find another method? any ideas?

Is storing it on the keel in a softish area with grass and cuttings going to hurt it or must it be stored face down above ground? Is it also best to cover with tarp in winter? I have no place big enough for it to be stored.