Look out Florida

snapperbait

Vice Admiral
Re: Look out Florida

dang hurricanes....<br /><br />I got the feeling that katrina's not gonna do what NOAA has as the forecast track..<br /><br />Then there's another storm getting wound up at about 23* north / 52* west.. :rolleyes: <br /><br />Must be getting close to Labor day... ;) Business in the tropics is picking up again....

Reel Poor

Vice Admiral

Looks like it might be a little bumpy here monday morning. Were boardin up and gettin ready.<br /> :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A Cat4 now. Everyone down there please be safe and take no chances with this.<br />We will be wishing you the best from Kentucky.

KaGee

Admiral

LOOK OUT LOUISIANA! :eek: :eek: <br /><br />I hope by now there is nobody left there to read this. Run for the high ground guys. Please... no heros.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

I've following this thing for a while. Man is it building fast. As been posted, any you folks in harms way, board up and get out. Us folks up North are watching close cause the remnant path takes it right over us. Don't need another September or January of last year.<br /><br />Here's an IR image over the gulf.<br /><br /> http://www.goes.noaa.gov/GIFS/GULFIR.JPG

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Yup, Cat. 5, 160 mph. The pressure at the center is at 908 mb which puts it in the top 5 strongest hurricanes in recorded history.

SoulWinner

Commander

I know this one is projected to hit somewhere between New Orleans and Gulfport, but I gotta tell ya, this one has me a little scared. There is a pressure system to the NW of the storm that could push it to the east. I know that only God in Heaven can protect my house if it hits near NW Florida. During Ivan, the interior walls in the hallway were moving. If winds stronger than Ivan blow over here, only God can save our little house. We are praying for anyone in the path of this storm, but we are also praying that stays as for the west of us possible.

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

SoulWinner, be careful and keep an eye on this one. The NHC has basically said that this thing has a mind of it's own and they really can't predict where it will make landfall and it could be anywhere from a Cat. 3 to Cat. 5. This is NO's worst nightmare, hopefully the eye will veer east just enough to spare the city.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

You all take care and protect yourselves the best you can. Prayers are with you.<br />Bassy

ErikDC

Petty Officer 1st Class

Winds are now steady at 175 mph with gusts just over 200 mph. Pressure down to 907 mb. Track continues WNW. At least three NOAA data buoys have gone silent.<br /><br />Edit: Pressure now at 906 mb as of 2:17pm EST.