Loctite #35 for hinge bolts???

Status
Not open for further replies.

MN86_4winns

Seaman Apprentice
I give up... what is Loctite #35? I can't find any, but I've got red & blue Permatex Threadlocker, will either of these work?

I just finished replacing all 3 bellows and water hose on a Alpha 1.... it really does suck.

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Loctite #35 for hinge bolts???

I just finished replacing all 3 bellows and water hose on a Alpha 1.... it really does suck.
Not sure you're telling most of us anything new, but yea, you're right.
Where did you read the #35 at? In the OEM manua #6, l it states "Apply Loctite 27131 to bellhousing threads"

Loctite 271 is the red high strength.

MN86_4winns

Seaman Apprentice

On page 4B-32 in the OEM Manual #6 it states:
Apply Locquic Primer "T" to the hinge pin threads and allow to dry. Apply Loctite No. 35 to threads. Install hinge pins and torque to 95lb ft.

Don S

Never heard of it, Call Merc and ask them.

KaGee

Admiral

Henkel does not even list such a product. :/

Don S

That manual was first printed in the early 80's and #35 was probably the number loctite used back then. Then it was changed to the 271 which is the red.
Merc also changed it to 271 in all the text in the manual except that one page, They probably just missed it when doing the manual revision and it wasn't worth doing another revesion over.
We probably also received a bulletin about the parts change too, but that was YEARS ago..

SirBertie

Recruit

I dont normally reply to old threads but this month October 2011 I just received a new OEM part and it has Quicksilver attachments with instructions saying that they are supposed to be assembled using loctite #35. This thread gave me the clue as to what they were talking about so Thanks guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.