Loction on bilge pump on 1800 xr

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMC49

Seaman Apprentice
I have a 1992 Maxum 1800 XR with a Force 120 outboard. I was wondering if anyone knew where the bilge pump was located. I'm not having any issues with it but would like know in case of an emergency or future repairs.

floatfan

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Loction on bilge pump on 1800 xr

My 1995 1800XR has the bilge pump in the bilge (directly below where the outboard is mounted). Your boat is most likely laid out like mine, in that it has 2 jumpseats on either side of the back. Between those 2 seats is the splashwell console. Under that is where your bilge will be...and the bilge pump will be in the bottom of that bilge. The bilge is essentially the lowest place on the boat...where your plug goes in on the outside...otherside of that hole is the bilge. On the side of your boat is probably a through-hole that the water is pumped out of.

boatinside1.jpg

boatbilge.jpg

HMC49

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Loction on bilge pump on 1800 xr

Thanks alot. I was looking around and kinda thought that was where the pump was as it makes the most sense. I really appreciate the confirmation.

91Wisco1800XR

Recruit
Any suggestions on how to go about removing the pump for replacement? Is there any better way to get at it than the housing door?

Status
Not open for further replies.