FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Is there a trick to working on this pump in a 2001 175XT? One that doesn't involve dismantling the boat? Can the built in fuel tank be removed to provide access?
Warbucks<br /> I have a 2001 Tahoe ski & fis and the live well stoped holding water last fall. After taking it out of the boat i found that the lever that is pulled by the cable came apart and let part of the pump discharge valve seperate. All i had to do was to disasemble, realine everything(used some fishing real grease to reasemble) and reatach cable . I'll find out when i take it out on C J Brown in march. hope this helps. DT1
Thanks--but my problem is more basic: it's really hard to get enough access to remove the pump (or reinstall it) because of how deep it is in the bilge, restricted by the built in fuel tank. I have to work entirely by feel. I'm hoping there's some trick that I haven't thought of.
Here it is 2010 and I have the same problem. It doesn't seem that I can get to the livewell pump without removing the gas tank, which is riveted in place.
And is there any site that would have a diagram of the fuse box and what fuses support which electronics?