listing of boating, sailing, water songs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Not a game like the other, just trying to compile a list of songs that pertain to boating, sailing, water, etc.<br /><br />Brandy - Looking Glass<br />Come Sail Away - Styx<br />Sloop John B - The Beach Boys<br />dah du, dah du, dah du, ....... Jaws movie theme music :) <br />Black Water - The Doobie Brothers<br />Gilligan's Island theme song -

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral
Re: listing of boating, sailing, water songs.

come sail away - STYX, always onboard!<br />wreck of the edmund fitgerald (not an upbeat song)

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

We want some Crappie - Shad Rapp<br />Ice Fish Baby - Shad Rapp<br />Whitebass - Shad Rapp<br />The Fishin State - Shad Rapp<br /><br />These guys are really funny, Shad Shawalski and Earl Carp, Slimy Pike Productions.<br />REAL fishin, huntin, and boating songs. <br />They are out of Appleton WI,

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

funny Roscoe... fish rap?<br />I like big bass and I can not lie...<br />fishmasterMY :p <br /><br />back 2 ?:<br />blue bayou - Linda Rhondstat

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Sittin on the dock of the bay

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

There once was a sailor from Nantucket,<br />Who put his fish in a bucket,<br /><br /><br />No. Nevermind. Wrong website.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Southern cross.. CSN&Y<br />Sailing.. Christopher cross (yuck)<br />Green river.. CCR..

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

This doesn't fit, but was funny. Found it on the net.<br /><br />Beach-Carp song<br /><br />Well she got her daddy's fly rod and she drove to the municipal lake now. <br />She tied on a fly but she used a night crawler for bait now. <br />She flung it to the middle using cannon ball sinkers for weight now, <br />And she'll catch carp, carp, carp till her daddy takes her fly rod away

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

"Sailing The Seas Of Cheese", PRIMUS<br />"Hourback Sturgeon", PRIMUS<br />"Second Wind". DARRYL WORLEY (my favorite water song)<br />"Riding the storm out"<br />"Fishon!!", PRIMUS<br /><br />Felt a pang late one afternoon<br />I was fishin' off Muir beach<br />With Larry LeLonde<br />Grabbed a tuna salad sandwich <br />And I started to chew<br />Pretty soon Ler's yellin<br /> Fish on. Fish on<br /><br />I was just a little pup<br />And it was derby day<br />Was dad and me and Darrell<br />Out in San Pablo bay<br />Taco flavored Doritos<br />And my orange life vest<br />Dad caught a hundred pound sturgeon<br />On twenty-pound test<br />Now he fought that fish for an hour<br />And a half<br />Darrell'd say "Jump ya sons a *****!"<br />And he grabbed for the gaff<br />When we got him in the boat<br />He measured six feet long<br />I was so danged impressed I had<br />To write a song called<br /> Fish on<br /><br />T'was a bright and sunny day<br />It was me and Todd Huth<br />Fishin' shark & Stingray<br />Out of Bohuas Lagoon<br />Well hey, hey, hey I'll be screwed,<br />Blued and tatooed<br />Looks like I got me one of them fish on<br /> Fish on.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

row row row your boat

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Second Wind, Darryl Worley<br /><br />There’s an old friendly breeze that blows in the Gulf of Mexico<br />Somehow it always knows when I’m feeling low<br /> <br />So I’m gonna anchor down and wait till it comes around <br />Leave the rest of the world behind, yeah that’s how I’ll pass the time<br /><br />[Chorus]<br /><br />Till I catch my second wind <br />Get back up and gain control again <br />Find the strength I lost back then <br />When you stopped loving me<br /><br />I guess I’ll just stay out here until I<br />Know the coast is clear <br />Sit and watch the tide roll in <br />Till I catch my second wind<br /><br />There’s a peace in the way I feel when the water’s still<br />And as long as it’s calm out here I’ve got time to kill<br />But as soon as it starts to stir I’ll lose track of the way things were<br />Float away on the open air, but I’m not going anywhere<br /><br />[Repeat Chorus]<br /><br />I guess I’ll just stay out here until I<br />Know the coast is clear<br />Sit and watch the tide roll in<br />Till I catch my second wind,<br />Yeah, sit and watch the tide roll in<br />Till I catch my second wind

cjones4@hvc.rr.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

"Boats to Build" - Jimmy Buffett on the License to Chill CD.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

There's a lot from Jimmy Buffett, Beach Boys, Jan & Dean. <br />Hai Calypso, John Denver<br />Proud Mary, CCR<br />Puff the Magic Dragon (lived by the sea), Peter Paul & Mary<br />Son of a Sailer, Kenny Loggins<br />Cool Change, Little River Band (my personal favorite)<br />Smoke on the Water (in name only), Deep Purple<br />Blue Bayou, Linda Ronstadt<br />Old Man River, Porgy & Bess (Showboat soundtrack)<br />Legend of Wooly Swamp, Charlie Daniels Band

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

The best fishing song ever written:<br />Five Pound Bass , Robert Earl Keen<br /><br /><br /> Between Texas and Mexico , Pat Green<br />"King fish are jumping – the moon is right<br />Full throttle, captain, til the we’re out of sight"

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

Cool Change -- Little River Band<br />Ship of Fools -- Bob Segar<br />Pirate Looks at 40 -- Jimmy Buffet<br />Son of a Son of a Sailor -- Jimmy Buffet<br />Kansas City Lights -- Steve Wariner<br />Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald -- Gordon Lightfoot<br /><br />As stated above, many more by Jimmy Buffet.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Heres a whole albulm of boating songs by Oscar Brand.<br /><br />The album is called "Boating Songs and all that Bilge"<br /><br />1) Great Big Little Boat Show<br />2) U.S. Power Squadron<br />3) Get a Horse<br />4) The Captains Daughter<br />5) Talking Houseboat<br />6) Ten Little Fisherman<br />7) Head on the Tacht Club Bar<br />8) The Yachting Pennant<br />9) The Sea Wolf<br />10) Yacht Club Blues<br />11) Small Boat Calypso<br />12) Skin Divers Lament<br />13) Wet Pants Club<br />14) Blow Me Home

KennyKenCan

Commander

And,<br /><br />Who can forget "Barnicle Bill The Sailor", by John Valby!<br /><br />
630415e729d42894.jpg
<br /><br />Although, its not a "G" rated song!

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Show me the way to go home. I'm tired and I wana go to bed....<br /><br />Ken