listing of boating, sailing, water songs.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner
Re: listing of boating, sailing, water songs.

VAHEVALA<br />Loggins & Messina<br /><br /><br />I'm thinkin' 'bout<br />When I was a sailor<br />Spend my time on the<br />open seas<br />when we'd stay off the <br />coast of Jamaica<br /> <br />I'd secretly steal ashore<br />when natives waitin' for<br />the boy with the lazy soul<br />Sing with the sailor....<br /> <br />Vahevala<br />Home of Sailor<br />Vahevala<br />Homeward Sail Away<br /> <br />Vahevala<br />Home of Sailor<br />Vahevala<br />Homeward Sail Away<br /> <br />Every evening I'd be gone<br />Back on board by break of dawn<br /> <br />I'm thinkin' 'bout <br />The nights in Jamaica<br />Pretty girls dancin' here and there<br />Stole a Keg<br />and now I'm drunk as a Sailor<br /> <br />And Captain he don't know<br />where Billy he done go<br />but I'm singing with native girls<br />the song of a sailor<br /> <br />Vahevala<br />Home of Sailor<br />Vahevala<br />Homeward Sail Away<br /> <br />Vahevala<br />Home of Sailor<br />Vahevala<br />Homeward Sail Away<br /> <br />Every sailor sail away<br />You'd better be back on board by break of day....<br /> <br />Hold hold on me there<br />hold hold on the way<br /> <br />Every night in Jamaica I sing with the lady <br />and drink with the men till the morning appear<br />When the sunshine is fresh on my face <br />The song of the night put the ring in my ear

NYMINUTE

Captain

Sail on Sailor, Beach Boys<br />Come on Down to my Boat Baby, ???<br />Pacific Ocean Blue, Dennis Wilson<br />Surf City, Jan and Dean

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Rock the Boat by Wally Homes (recorded by The Hues Corporation)<br /><br />Our love is like a ship on the ocean<br />We've been sailing with a cargo full of love and devotion<br />So I'd like to know where, you got the notion<br />Said I'd like to know where, you got the notion<br />To rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby don't<br />Rock the boat, don't tip the boat over<br />Rock the boat, don't rock the boat baby don't<br />Rock the boat

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I've sung The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald to the kids when it gets a bit choppy.<br /><br />Anyone ever heard "Dogtown" by Harry Chapin? It's about the women left behind in Gloucester during the whaling days.<br /><br />Jinx

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

A Pirate's Life For Me, from Disney's Pirates of the Carribean<br />A great song for children:<br />"We pillage we plunder, we rifle and loot. <br />Drink up me 'earties, yo ho. <br />We kidnap and ravage and don't give a hoot. <br />Drink up me 'earties, yo ho. "<br /><br />New York New York, Frank Sinatra (don't you remember that episode of Taxi where Bobby met his merchant marine dad and went on a voyage with him and asked if he knew any "sea shanties" and this is the only song the sailors knew?)