Like no other!

chuckndiscs

Petty Officer 1st Class
Just wanted to say I am amazed at this community! I bounced around, out of curiosity, today looking at other boat forums and NONE compare to the SC forums! Largest number of thread count I could find was in the 439 number in the glastron section. NOTHING LIKE OUR 1888 thread count! This means we either are a good group or have really really broken boats :D I checked in Lund, Sylvan, Crestliner, Wellcraft, Glastron, Blue Fin, etc and have yet to find one close.

I am sure EZ could give us more exact details being a mod but from a simple user standpoint, WE ROCK! :cool:

Nice work Starmada!

Chuck

Last edited:

gfbiii51

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Like no other!

I have frequented a number of other fora (I think that's the plural of forum) on differing topics and this is a great community. The resto threads really let a nubie get to know folks in a hurry. And the knowledge base in unsurpassed. Thanks for making me feel welcome.

ezmobee

Supreme Mariner

North Beach, Andy in NY, Cheapboatkev, Huron Angler, jasoutside (and I suppose myself) all have had a HUGE part in developing this community we have here. People stop by this site and they STAY due to the camaraderie fostered by these guys.

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

North Beach, Andy in NY, Cheapboatkev, Huron Angler, jasoutside (and I suppose myself) all have had a HUGE part in developing this community we have here. People stop by this site and they STAY due to the camaraderie fostered by these guys.

I suppose yourself as well, dont be modest...We were all proud of you when you were abducted into the Mod squad, finally, one of our own made the circle...

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Totally agree chuck! Lotta cool cats around here - guys looking to simply help others and chew the fat about boats and such, ya know. Some of the guys are a real pain though, I find they are usually OB owners. I think EZ named a couple up above there ^^^.:eek::D

Around here it's pretty much virtual library of top notch info on how to rebuild old tin rigs, at pretty much any budget and a huge range of skill levels too. Pretty cool stuff.

I'm a member of three other sites (arborist, archery, paddling) and my post count is less than 100 for all three combined. That's for like 10 years too.

Hey chuck, I forgot to tell ya - your new avatar is awesome:)

N1265

Petty Officer 1st Class

Largest number of thread count I could find was in the 439 number in the glastron section. NOTHING LIKE OUR 1888 thread count!
Chuck

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

I think one the reason why our thread count is so high is because there are a large number of Starcrafts still out there. They can be had for cheep money ( compared to a new boat ) and can be restored by just about anybody who comes in contact with this forum.

The river I run on has more aluminum Starcrafts from the 60's and 70's sitting at the docks year round than any other manufacture from this time period, A testament to how little they leak after all these years...

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few.

I think one the reason why our thread count is so high is because there are a large number of Starcrafts still out there. They can be had for cheep money ( compared to a new boat ) and can be restored by just about anybody who comes in contact with this forum.

The river I run on has more aluminum Starcrafts from the 60's and 70's sitting at the docks year round than any other manufacture from this time period, A testament to how little they leak after all these years...

Sounds like a river of gold..Where exactly? lol

prelude219

Seaman

so far i've only seen a chieftan around me...i've got the oldest boat on otsego lake in cooperstown so far...cause its cool

Pugetsound

Lieutenant Commander

What ever happened to Rickairmedic after the big fire. Sure hope to hear from him again. Pugetsound

CheapboatKev

Vice Admiral

What ever happened to Rickairmedic after the big fire. Sure hope to hear from him again. Pugetsound

I spoke with him a few months ago and he was about back into the house.
Thanks for the reminder, I'll try to catch up with him today!

losdinspace

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The thing that is so great here is that you don't get bashed for having a "newbie" question. Most everyone is happy to help and no one has the "my idea" or project is better then yours attitude.

N1265

Petty Officer 1st Class

The thing that is so great here is that you don't get bashed for having a "newbie" question. Most everyone is happy to help and no one has the "my idea" or project is better then yours attitude.

I agree, This is one of 5 forums I visit at least once every day...

Bwana Don

Lieutenant Commander

OB's are the cats jammies

I like outboards too Jas. I need to post some pics of my 55' 10hp johnson resurection. Complete with fuel pump conversion. When the kicker is done, on to the real motor, the MERCRUISER. The 3.0 purrs like a kitten, needs some bellows and it's done.

The Searay forum is pretty active also but we rock on. I will agree we have a very good mix of guys and gals here. I love you guys, man! Yes even the o/b guys.:p

Jayb123

Chief Petty Officer

To be honest... 70% of my SC purchase was the result of the forums, info and large group of ppl willing to help and offer advice on restoring the aluminum. Plus i really didnt wanna grind fiberglass :p :D

paparoof

Senior Chief Petty Officer

:D I love you guys man! :facepalm:

Yeah this forum is 100% of the reason I bought a Starcraft. Good lord if it weren't for you guys looking out for me I would have ended up with a 36 year old boat with a rotten deck, transom and helm, and a seized up motor.

Oh wait. I did. Nevermind.

I still love you guys man!

jasoutside

Supreme Mariner

Good lord if it weren't for you guys looking out for me I would have ended up with a 36 year old boat with a rotten deck, transom and helm, and a seized up motor.

Oh wait. I did. Nevermind.

I still love you guys man!

Yah but look at all the fun you are having rebuilding that old rig man! Shoot, most guys just take their boat out and drive around all day on the lake, chasing fish, pulling tubes, cruising, swimming, skiing, having fun with their family, you know stuff like that. They don't even get to think about all this stuff like rust, rot, dust, mold, dirt, blood, sweat, tears! Yah baby look at all the fun we are having! Hahahhhhaaaa, now who has the last laugh!!!:D:D:D:D

Oh wait, uh, hmmm. Yah, nevermind:facepalm:

Love you to man!!!:)