Let's insult the in-laws {Kennedy's}

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant
I heard the clip of the dic tater of California Gov. Arnold respond to a reporter question that Demacrat's are losers. Was he refering to demacrat's in general or was he trying to P.O. Maria and the whole Kennedy clan? I heard the clip on the Rush Limblah show...........

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Re: Let's insult the in-laws {Kennedy's}

No. Democrats lost tuesday.<br />The term, "politically incorrect" now means something totally different. Get used to hearing the truth. I know, it seams alien right now, but over time....

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Truth is it don't matter either way.. From my own little p!$$ ant point of view, wether we know it or not, we're all losers.. ;)

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

That was your first mistake, you listened to the Rush Limbaugh show. That guy suffered some hard core brain damage from all those pain meds. He is an embarassment to the Republican party, much worse than Micheal Moore is to the Dems. Rush manipulates the facts to fit his agenda just as much as anyone else. Arnold is not stupid enough to dis the Kennedy's, not if he ever wants to have a peaceful day in his house ever again. I have listened to the Rush show, and have heard some of his "sound bytes". They are distortions and pieced together tripe. But hey, if he can make a living at it, more power to him and his pharmacist...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

The truth is hard to swallow for many people, so dont take it so hard.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Let's give it a rest, guys. It is over. . .for a while.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

So a man makes a mistake. In Rush's case pills. He beat it. For that I can be proud of him. I may not agree with everything he says but I can make my own decisions based upon the information provided. Sure he is one sided so are the alphabet media. So is this forum to an extent. For all of his faults he is to be vilified for the rest of his life? One should not cast stones if they live in a glass house. None of us are perfect. Live and let live.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by JB:<br /> Let's give it a rest, guys. It is over. . .for a while.
After seeing that last post of mine in thread, I didn't mean it like how it sounds (even to me, reading it now). I was only commenting on the changes to come,and how hard they may be for some, and the truth being hard to swallow IN GENERAL (BTW, not even addressed to any other posters here).The changes aint all bad,iether. But I never meant to "unrest" it, so I'll give a rest,and an appology if taken wrong.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by 1730V:<br /> So a man makes a mistake. In Rush's case pills. He beat it. For that I can be proud of him. I may not agree with everything he says but I can make my own decisions based upon the information provided. Sure he is one sided so are the alphabet media. So is this forum to an extent. For all of his faults he is to be vilified for the rest of his life? One should not cast stones if they live in a glass house. None of us are perfect. Live and let live.
He has beaten it so far, but take it from me, an ex-speed freak and cigarette smoker....It's a real struggle. Don't be suprised to see Mr Limbaugh relapse. He is, after all, only human.<br /><br />But I admire hin for other reasons. Has more integrity than many people.<br />He is an extremely inteligent, articulate man, who could do anything he wants, and he knows what that is. It's why he doesn't do a tv show anymore, and has sworn never to run for office.<br />He could excell at iether, but has his passion for radio,and has held that passion all of his life.<br />He is the consumate professional,and sets the bar for others in his field to follow. He is number one those reasons.<br />He has spelled-out to all with a brain who can use it for thinking for themself, the major differences between right and left.<br />But you cannot be a lemming, led by others, and not dislike or hate the man. Even tho he truely is a "harmless little fuzzball".<br />His outgoing nature turns many off before they have listened to him for 5 minutes. He reminds my wife of a "blow-hard football coach" or "drill sargent". She can't get past that, even tho she agrees with him 100% idealogically.<br />This is just my obsewrvation, and I listen to him whenever my duties permit the freedom to do so.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Who said I was a lemming? I mentioned that I balance it. Mostly right wing but I do listen to the others. You say "beat it for now." I will give a man credit for announcing his mistkes and doing something about them. I do not hold grudges. Grudges get real complicated and are hard to live with. I say, again that I give a man credit for going public. We are not perfect. Whoever thinks they are is doomed. Or they are kidding themselves. Live and let live. We all have choices to make.

oddjob

Commander

. I have listened to the Rush show, and have heard some of his "sound bytes". They are distortions and pieced together tripe.
What sound bites?..of himself or of others in the news? Please give an example of one. I am always verifing what I know or think that I know by researching an arguments claim on both sides. Like the tripe that you mention....I cant yet dispute it (as I would like to) without some sort of specifics. I dont recall the bites your referring to. <br /><br />
I may not agree with everything he says but I can make my own decisions based upon the information provided. Sure he is one sided so are the alphabet media. So is this forum to an extent. For all of his faults he is to be vilified for the rest of his life?
The big picture most people miss with Rush i2 that he is bias and says so. He is not a jounalist!, but an entertainer who comments his opinions of the news and politics of they day.<br /><br />The media on the other hand is NON-BIAS ;) and they hate Rush also... :D

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

I listened to the Rush show for about a month in sept/oct of therabouts, and he played all sorts of sound bytes. Maybe I was listening to some alternate universe Rush show? I listened largely for entertainment purposes because, like him or hate him, he is pretty darn funny. If you listened, you know what I am talking about. I will agree that he is as right wing as right wing can be and freely admits it, but I just don't think it is wise to take anything broadcast over the airwaves as gospel. Just because someones says something over and over all the time doesn't make it right. Just like my ex-wife. Just because she could yell louder and longer didn't mean she wasn't a cheating 'ho bucket, just meant she was loud. <br /><br />I do like the lemming comment made by another poster. Anyone glued to the radio listening and believing every last word is no less a lemming that those who disagree. Its just different versions of the same damn thing. As far as I am concerened, Rush is no different than Michael Moore or any of those other celebrity types who are making hordes of money off of all the suckers who fall for their shtick, hook line and sinker. They are in it for the money, it does not take a GED to realize that they will say and do what it takes to make that money. You want to put Rush on a pedestal, go for it. I could care less. He is just an entertainer, not the end all be all of the world. I only give people who actually contribute to our society in a constructive manner respect, not those who spend every waking moment of their pathetic lives trying to keep us hating each other. What I am starting to see is the new version of discrimintation and bigotry rearing its nasty head. Instead of being gay or black or female, the new minority will be liberals. I find it both sad and repulsive when I see people that I know who are republican (98% of my friends are republican) say the word "democrat" or "liberal" like they just had a mouthful of shyte. It happens on this board too, although I had the foolish hope that all of that would end with the election.

oddjob

Commander

Well Jason, I have been listening off and on since he started the show in 1988. Thats about 16 years of politics while hearing the media and he reporting on it. I dont hold him in the same sentence as M.Moore. If you dont see a big difference between the two than there's no point to debate it or ask you again for just one example of Rush reporting something that is false, misleading, bigotry..,etc.<br /><br />Rush has changed America and how it gets its news. I dont blame the M.Moores of the world hating Rush, but I must say it disappoints me when someone makes a negative claim on someone without any bases whatsoever.

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Journalists are objective? Since when? Can anyone say Dan Rather? Even judges aren't objective anymore. Rush goes over the top sometimes but he is providing information that could not be heard anywhere else. Why do you think that the alpahabet media would like to see him dead? They lost their lock on the disinformation biz.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

You are right, debating it is senseless. Debating Rush limbaugh to a diehard fan is like debating God to a highly religious person. They will accept nothing beyond what they believe in, like their belief is the only thing on earth. I am blessed with that rare thing called Objectivity. Its amazing, it allows me to look at everything that is presented in front of me without bias or prejudice (unless it is Merc motors, then I am biased). Objectivity is something that is lacking in most people, and its unfortunate, because society would be a bit more livable if people could just step back and look beyond their own beliefs for a second and realize there is no one right answer. <br /><br />Is Rush providing information that cannot be heard anywhere else? It seems to me he is just providing the same old crap with his unique opinion mixed in for good measure. At least to his credit he admits that he thinks he is the smartest man on earth. He isn't, but at least he doesn't suffer from low self esteem. By the way, kicking a drug habit does not make you great. Not becoming a drug addict makes you great....

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

Who said I was a diehard fan? Man you people want to attach labels. Rush and the like provide the other side of the story. I will make my own decisions. Beating a habit is a big deal. I would never claim to have no bad habits. That is dangerous. Nobody is perfect even if you think you are you are not. I do step back and look beyond my own beliefs. We all judge people whether one wants to admit it or not. I have a strong Faith so I am beckoned to look at everyone through the Creators eyes. What troubles me is that everyone knows the rules I follow. I have to keep guessing at what rules others follows. The goal posts keep moving.

Carphunter

Commander

Boy, I sure like to hunt.<br /><br />........oops,......sorry guys, wrong thread. ;)

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

I thought that was a heeeeemi