Let's insult the in-laws {Kennedy's}

JasonJ

Rear Admiral
Re: Let's insult the in-laws {Kennedy's}

Who's "you people"? I am not a democrat if that is what you are trying to say. Just more of that biggoted mentality. Remember when "you people" used to mean Black or Mexican or Gay? Guess "you people" now means Liberals. Just in case you are getting ready to think I called you a bigot, I am not. What I am trying to show is bigotry comes in many forms. A person who feels a group of other people who do not share his beliefs is inferior, not deserving of respect is a bigot. If you do not feel that way, that is a good thing. Maybe we are not understanding each others wording. Do some soul searching and ask yourself if you really want to go down the road of hate. You don't, its not worth it.<br /><br />By the way, no I don't have bad habits, unless you count the fact that I buy too many DVDs, or the fact that I fart in bed and crack my knuckles despite horrifying my wife to no end. Or the fact that I could do a better job paying my credit cards instead of buying boat stuff all the time. I don't claim to be perfect, but if I was so weak that I needed to be addicted to a substance and then kicked it, I would not want to be treated as a hero, just as the weak-willed person I am.<br /><br /> As far as beliefs go, I am more horrified by someone who cannot look beyond their world than I am someone who realizes there is more to life than one thing. I am not religious, I do not believe in God, but I am kind and helpful to others, I do not steal, cheat or lie. What does that make me? I believe that everything that exists today is from random events, not one diety who created all. I also believe that religion makes a lot of people feel good about life and the world around them, that it gives them comfort in an uncomfortable world. I do not think they are inferior because they choose to believe what they believe, even though it goes against my own sense of logic. They are believing what they choose to, and it isn't hurting me any. I think some religious people stress out over us non-believers because of the possibility, even remotely, that we may be right. That threatens them. Me, I am more than open to the possibility of God. I have seen nothing in my life to prove God exists, but I have seen nothing that proves he does not exist. Therefore, while I don't think there is a God, in the back of my mind I accept the possibility that he does exist. Just try to get a religious person to feel that way. That is what I mean by objectivity. You talk of the goal posts moving. Guess what, they will always move, no matter what your beliefs. They move because of the progress of society as a whole, and it is unescapable. Despite what you may hear, the world is not turning into godless heathens, it is turning into people who can make their own choices and not have their choices dictated to them by a man on a pulpit in a church. That is freedom....<br /><br />I am thinking it is time to Agree To Disagree time..<br /><br /><br />And yes spn, you mentioned you have a Hemi. I am covetous of your hemi, and I wish I had a hemi... :)

oddjob

Commander

You dont sound all happy and perfect to me Jason, since you brought it up...you sound angry..

1730V

Chief Petty Officer

We agree to disagree. :)

oddjob

Commander

I can only agree or disagree with a statement and one has yet to be made by you to me Jason concerning Rush Limbaugh. Still. Nice about your worldy beliefs though.