left over screws 89 Force 125

Craigh

Recruit
I just finished rebuilding the powerhead on my Force 125. They are slotted head screws similar to the thermostat and fuel pump screws. They have a fine mist of black paint on the heads so I believe they are external. Where else do they use slotted head screws? Help!!!!<br /><br /><br />Thanks <br />Craig

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer
Re: left over screws 89 Force 125

Could they possibly be off of the intake cover that goes on the from of the carbs?. As I recall, it uses the same type of slotted screws as the thermostat and fuel pump. <br /><br />Are they about 2 inches long? This may help in diagnosing.

Navigator

Chief Petty Officer

oops, I mean the "Front" of the carbs.<br /><br />gotta Love this "Cant change once submitted"...

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Also,look carefully around the fuel pump again. There are two that are virtually hidden. I left these two out on mine,but mine is a 50HP. I beleive however,that the fuel pump is the same.<br /><br /><br />------------------<br />the Early bird get's the worm...So, he don't have to stop for bait.

ODDD1

Lieutenant Junior Grade

CRAIG, are their 2 screws left over? there are 2 slotted head screws located on the crankcase cover very low....like under the lowest large bolts that pass thru the cover.

Craigh

Recruit

ODDD1<br /><br />I found 2 holes in the lower cover. One next to the shift shaft lever. I tried to start the screws in these holes. It didn't seem to have any threads in the holes. Are there any open holes in the lower cover? Should I try harder to start them in those holes?