Leaving Tampa, Osprey, Fort Myers ? ?

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
I got the call to ride it out at one of our hospitals we work at .
Gotta be there by 9:00 pm tonight ..
I have a crew there to help out facilities just in case they need it ..
I really dislike these storms ..
Stay safe all !

RaftRat

Seaman Apprentice
I’m in Polk county and I’m riding it out with you guys. Seems like no matter what storm it is or where it comes from, it likes to cut through Polk county. The bands are starting to get heavier and harder and power is starting to fluctuate😒 Anyways stay safe guys and thoughts and prayers are with you.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Lost the canopy over the boat. One of the mooring cover polls collapsed. Bailed out the cover, un strapped it in 75mph gusts and put a bucket on the sundeck (engine cover)

Wind is changing directions. We still have power. Cell coverage is iffy, had to switch to wifi calling

alldodge

Staff member
Haven't heard yet because everyone has left, but wife's Aunt being in Englewood is said to already have 8 ft of water

kenny nunez

Captain
I hope all you Florida guys made out without too much damage. I can feel your pain as the southeast and west parts of Louisiana caught a few bad ones in the past.
A whole house generator came in real handy for me last year.

RaftRat

Seaman Apprentice
Well power just went out but that’s it so far. Hope you guys closer to the coast are hanging in there

tpenfield

Staff member
I hope all of our Florida members stayed safe yesterday and that their boats fared well in the storm.

That whole reverse storm surge thing in Tampa Bay was pretty amazing. I see that the storm made landfall around the Sanibel, Captiva Islands. Our family used to have property on Captiva Island back in the 1980's and we would spend Thanksgiving there. I would imagine that area is pretty beat up right now.

cptbill

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Hope everyone is safe. We left Tuesday when it looked like it was coming right on top of us, went east to New Smyner beach(brothers place)then came back Wed. fearing we would get stuck there and the track was changing quickly. Never seem the canal this low. Put the lift on the bottom as recommended by it's manufacturer before we left

Attachments

• IMG_20220928_134520_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220928_134520_hdr.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16
  • IMG_20220928_134529.jpg
    IMG_20220928_134529.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 15
  • IMG_20220928_134536_hdr.jpg
    IMG_20220928_134536_hdr.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 15

sphelps

Supreme Mariner
Glad that was all you had damaged .
I’m still at the hospital hanging out .
Hope they let us go soon ..

southkogs

Staff member
I'm glad it sounds like most everyone has made it through with little loss or damage.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Enlarge or shrink as desired. Scroll over to area of interest. Expand and put cursor over point of interest and click the left mouse button. You will get a rainfall number for that location. I found 19" in central Fl., besides the coastal flooding from rain, not counting the storm surge driving seawater up the bays leading to many cities along the path of the storm. No wonder there is so much flooding.

flashback

Captain
Best of luck folks..I left Sarasota back in 1970. If you're not on the coast summer is brutal.

BWR1953

Vice Admiral
We made it through unscathed here. Lucky!
The cable TV and internet were down when we woke up, but were restored by 1:45PM and that was it.

aspeck

Staff member
Cheapboatkev was hunkered down in Fort Myers. Haven’t heard from him for about 24 hours … hope all is well. Just saw the causeway to Sanibel Island partially collapsed …

tpenfield

Staff member
My brother lives in Naples. His boat made it through the storm OK . . .
IMG_2889.jpg
Other boats at the same marina suffered a different fate . . .
IMG_2880-preview.jpg
He told me that he tied his boat to the lift, whereas apparently others did not.

He plans on selling the boat, so it is good that it made it through the storm.