FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I have no idea about boat outboards... is there anything I need to unscrew to let all the water drain out? It's a 35 hp 1987 force outboard. I don't want water inside it to freeze and crack the block! Is there anything else I ought to do?
Re: Leaving an outboard overnight in freezing temps
Just lower it down to the vertical position (running position). It is self draining.
Also check the lower unit lube to make sure it is all lube, with no water intrusion. Can't have water in the lower unit or it will freeze and crack the gearcase.