leaning toward kerry

bobingardner

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Reading the threads on this forum makes me more inclined to vote for Kerry. I know most of you are just using this as a way of releasing your anger and frustration at the horrible crime commited against an unarmed, well meaning human being who's only crime was being American. But the intollerance and growing desire for violence against this unquantified group refered to as liberals makes me think that if you back Bush, maybe he's not the guy I want in the oval office.

samagee

Chief Petty Officer
Re: leaning toward kerry

Don't forget that this Nic Berg was Jewish. He was going to die for that very reason alone. These people hate jews. Do you as well? You seem to side with Kerry and company that we need to leave these hate mongers alone.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

I would make my decision based on the a candidates positions, historical record, and ability to lead the greatest country in the world and not how I relate to the emotional posts in a boating forum.<br /><br />Votes in this country are by secret ballot so your reasons and rational for your vote based on what YOU see as what best for the country and not a sympathy offering to those who are being held accountable for what was and is unacceptable behavior and statements.<br /><br />What Ted Kennedy said with regards to equating our treatment of prisoners in Iraq to Sadam was politically motivated, inaccurate, and disgusting. He should be called on the carpet for its intent and affect on the war effort.

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

The problem isn't Bush, the problem is the two-party political system we have now. You are looking into this too deeply, and you have drawn the erroneous conclusion that Bush stands for hatred, intolerance, and violence. It's really much more simple than that. It's simply that Bush is on one side of the fence, Kerry is on the other.<br /><br />This war is obviously the hot political topic for this election. Bush started it, he can't back out now. So Bush is pro-war, he has to be. That forces Kerry to be anti-war, hoping to win votes. It really can't be any other way with the two-party system.<br /><br />So what is the result? This topic of the war becomes a Bush vs Kerry issue. This American's death is invoking an emotional response in people, which is perfectly understandable. But where are they going to rally? Pro-war activists will rally around Bush, while anti-war activists will rally around Kerry. It's as simple as that. It doesn't mean that Bush stands for hatred and violence.

jim phillips

Chief Petty Officer

Arguing religion or politics is a waste of time every one is entitled to his or her opinion without being called names or being bashed. Bigfun is a perfect example the first to reply and he feels the need to be insulting and degrading of someone else's way of thinking. In my opinion that is just what is wrong with the whole damm world is so many people with the "my way is the only right way to think" attitude and if you don't believe what I do then you are a #%$^$^%$^%$ It make me sick!

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Unlike some, I will not apologize. I understand the seriousness of this war and the long term results if we lose. <br /><br />It's unfortunate that we have to fight terrorist in Iraq and Afganistan while being stabbed in the back by the left.

oddjob

Commander

posted by Bobingardner
I know most of you are just using this as a way of releasing your anger and frustration at the horrible crime commited against an unarmed, well meaning human being who's only crime was being American.
You make the point Bob. BTW its not a crime to be an American citizen, only our enemys and partisan democrates believe this. Thanks for the heads up on your loyalties. ;)

Carphunter

Commander

Bob,<br />If your decision on who you vote for is based on a political discussion in a boating forum, then I feel sorry for you.<br /><br />There are many reasons I will vote for Bush, but there are many more reasons I will not vote for Kerry, or any other Democrat.<br /><br />........but, my decision to vote for who I choose has nothing to do with this forum.

18rabbit

Captain

... that is just what is wrong with the whole damm world is so many people with the "my way is the only right way to think"
Yeah! And it’s starting to irritate me!!! I need all you little people to shut up so I can be heard! :D :D :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Vote FOR someone, not AGAINST their opponent.<br /><br />Ken

rogerwa

Commander

Kerry is a scumbag. With him in office we will be debating the meaning of IS. This is not a republican talking, it is my assessment of the individual. In my view, The democratic party would have a serious contender if they had backed Lieberman. He is the only one that seems to understand the nature of political cannibalization.

LubeDude

Admiral

Originally posted by bobingardner:<br /> Reading the threads on this forum makes me more inclined to vote for Kerry.
I sure hope you are kidding, You are, Right? :) :)

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Unfortunately, liberals must be tolerated, traitors must not. Trying to make the distinction <br />can sometimes be difficult.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Personally, I don't see any need for change - however I'm sure Bin Laden & Co would be delighted to see GWB lose the presidency.

SCO

Lieutenant

Bob, I don't base my vote on regard to the fitness of my peer voters, but were I to do so, I would have to be appalled by the rhetoric of the left. I think it much more hate filled and insidious. The revulsion that you see now from many is because we think they(the left) put politics ahead of soldiers lives and our struggle, severely undermining us. The killing of Berg illustrates that we face Alqaeda terrorists in Iraq and that it is indeeed the front for the war with people that cannot be reasoned with. That war erupted fully on 911 because we joined it, and the left insists on believing this all to be our fault or inflamed since 911. Baloney. Read the transcript from that atrocity and understand that we are sub human to them. It's way past time to get on the side of the USA in this effort. Yes I know, you are on the side of the US.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) bobingardner!!<br /><br />Being an American you have that right to vote for whom ever you wish!!!!<br /><br />And every American has the right to free speech!!!<br /><br />A good exsample of that is 18rabbits!!!<br /><br />Another good point that was brought up in this post is the fact that Nick Berg was Jewish and I believe that is the only reason for that senceless killing!!!<br /><br />There are other American prisoners being held, why not one of them??? Simple they are not Jewish!!!<br /><br />Remember Mr. Pearl in Pakistan??? He was Jewish also and they came up with some idiortic reason for his murder!!!