Latest toy is now home!

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander
Just picked this up:<br />1970 Kaiser M35 6x6 "duece and a half"<br />Turbocharged Multifuel engine<br />Cab heat<br />Soft top<br /><br />
attachment.php

NathanY

Commander
Re: Latest toy is now home!

What in the world you gonna do with that thing?

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> What in the world you gonna do with that thing?
Anything I dam well please :p <br /><br />Giving it to my son for his first vehicle is one of the items on my list :D

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by bomar76:<br /> <br />Soft top<br /><br />
Not my idea of a convertible, but each to his own.

ndemge

Commander

DUDE! I WANT ONE!<br /><br />What work does it need done?<br />... might I ask how much?

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Tinkerer:<br />
Originally posted by bomar76:<br /> <br />Soft top<br /><br />
Not my idea of a convertible, but each to his own.
Top comes off, windshield folds down....how much mover convertible do you want :p

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by nd3mge:<br /> DUDE! I WANT ONE!<br /><br />What work does it need done?<br />... might I ask how much?
email me off list. bomar76athotmail.com..they really aren't very $$$ and I can hook you up w/ my source.<br />Here is what needs done to it:<br /><br />Ran FANTASTIC from London OH (where I bought it) home. <br /> <br />Took it for a spin later and evidently I had stirred up all the garbage in the fuel tank...the fuel looks like pureed pumpkin now....and it began to miss and loose power. <br />I am going to drain the tank, change all 3 fuel filters, and purge the lines tomorrow if the secondary fuel filters arrive in the morning. <br /> <br />Other than that, it's good to go. I need to replace the window weather stripping, install a new fuel shut off cable, repair the E brake, replace 1 of the air operated wiper motoers (wiper works, but is missing the manual lever) and fix the horn. <br />No big deal, seller included all the parts. <br />These trucks are about as moron proof as you can get.

LubeDude

Admiral

Boy, are you gonna be the envy of the nieghborhood!! :eek: :eek: :D

NathanY

Commander

You gonna run her on synthetic or dino oil? :p

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by LubeDude:<br /> Boy, are you gonna be the envy of the nieghborhood!! :eek: :eek: :D
It's been postulated that my neighbors couldn't possible hate me any more than they did previously.<br />We'll see if that therom is true :D

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Top comes off, windshield folds down....how much mover convertible do you want :p [/QB]
Chassis a bit closer to the ground and a blonde in the passenger seat. A blonde out of uniform. Not naked, just not in a soldier's uniform. Well, naked would be OK too.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

will she pass the state emissions test?? :p <br />and ya gonna astro turf the back end? :D

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Nate in AR:<br /> You gonna run her on synthetic or dino oil? :p
I think you could chop up blocks of parrafin and jamb them down the crankcase and it would be good to go ;) <br />Synthetic Spamsoil parrafin of course ;)

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> will she pass the state emissions test?? :p <br />and ya gonna carpet the back?
No echeck in my county, but it's a historical vehicle anyway, so it's exempt.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

She looks pretty good for being 35 y/o. Ya gonna check the fluids in the diffs and transfer case?

bomar76

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Boomyal:<br /> She looks pretty good for being 35 y/o. Ya gonna check the fluids in the diffs and transfer case?
Seller checked everything for me today when I went to pick it up and every thing was full.<br />I was gonna change the 22 quarts of oil and 2 oil filters tomorrow but really the oil is very clean ...no soot at all. Think I'll wait a while.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I'm thinking worlds biggest hot tub in the bed of that bad boy! Very cool!!! Theres a dealer up the highway from me in Oshkosh that sells those like yours and other mil surp vehicles.<br /><br />Always wanted one!!!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

oh yea, does it have a receiver hitch for the boat?