Later Dudes, I'm outta here too.

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander
That's it, It's been nice talking to you all, but I'm leaving. <br /><br />That's right. <br /><br />I'm leaving for a week vacation white tail hunting in the North Maine Woods. :D <br /><br />Wish me luck, and try to keep the peace while I'm gone, OK? I'd hate to see the board taken down when I get back. :) <br /><br />Hopefully I'll post some nice pics of hanging white tail when I get back. :D <br /><br />Later,<br /><br />Steve

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Later Dudes, I'm outta here too.

Good luck, Steve.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Good hunting Steve!! And do be careful out there..... :)

Stumpys

Petty Officer 1st Class

Good Luck Steve.... I'm gonna be in the woods myself as of Nov. 13th.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I envy you, Steve. Good luck.

Fly Rod

Commander

:)Good luck steve!!!!<br />i'm leaving sunday for maine!!! We hunt the Kingfield area near sugarloaf!!!!! ;) :cool:

f_inscreenname

Commander

lucky dogs. Had to cancel our trip to Maine this year due to lack of funds. The way things have been going lately we didn't have the heart to tap into our savings for it. Next year it should be about free. My sister will be installing indoor plumbing in there cabin over the winter (with the wife and two kids under five it is a necessity). Just gas money up and back. Dam, now that I think about it I still my no be able to go. Dam gas prices!!!!

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Its the second week of deercamp and all the guys are here...C'mon everbody join in...We drink play cards and shoot da bull but never shoot no deer!! <br /><br />Seriously thou; Good luck, and no Buck fever.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Good luck!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by neumanns:<br /> ...C'mon everbody join in...We drink play cards and shoot da bull ...<br />
And that makes deer camp different from any other day because????? (Snick!)<br /><br /> :D

Link

Rear Admiral

Luck to ya Steve and have fun! The sand box should still be here when you get back. :)

TwoBallScrewBall

Lieutenant Commander

Back, no deer, had a great time though. Saw a few does. Weather was OK, except for the foot of snow that came down yesterday. We ended up leaving early, forecasted another 6-8 overnight and we would have never made it out. Barely madee it out as it is. 80 miles of dirt road to the nearest U.S. town. About 2 miles to Canada though. :) Drove straight through 15 hours, got home last night 1:30am. <br /><br />Guess I'll get em next year... :)

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Good to see you get back in one piece Steve. Sorry bout yer luck. I'll be glad when the season opens here. I see them about every day passing through my back yard. Lots of cornfields around and lots of deer.<br /><br />Right now if you travel on just about any highway around here, you can see a dead one along the side of the road. My friend Lonnie got a big buck 2 nights ago that was a fresh road kill. It only had its leg broken. When he arrived two teen boys had a small knife stabbing it in the throat. It was just making the deer suffer more. Lonnie took out his knife and slit its throat. The 2 boys turned and puked! He got his tag and everything was cool.<br /><br />Hope you have better luck next time. Keep on posting! :D