Larson restore

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
Open the picture in paint in your computer. Then rotate it and save.

I did that from my Iphone but it still put it upside down no matter how I formatted it before uploading. It does it on all my downloads :/

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
I'd recommend getting a free photobucket account and store and post your pics from there.

notlef

Seaman
I did that from my Iphone but it still put it upside down no matter how I formatted it before uploading. It does it on all my downloads :/

To solve the problem of pictures loading upside, turn your iPhone with the volume buttons facing down.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
Well, since the last post much has happened. My friend came over to help tune it. Before we went out we checked the oil and found there was gas in the oil. The carburetor was dumping way to much into the manifold because it was shot. So I bought a remanufactured on. We changed the oil but found the filter was dry. That?s when we found the oil pump wasn?t working and the oil pressure sending unit was the wrong one. So replaced the oil pump. Luckily no engine damage at all. The found the ballast resister was bad. Then came a new alternator. Finally we found water in the oil progressively getting worse. This Monday we went to pull the top of the engine off thinking maybe a head gasket.
First we had to pull the exhaust elbow (took 5 min). Immediately saw water in the exhaust manifold. Looked inside the elbow and saw it was totally rusted out and dumping water into the exhaust and number 4 cylinder. Found a used one for $75 and slapped it on. Fixed the problem.

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
After hours of hand buffing just this half of the Hood.

Attachments

• photo287909.jpg
    photo287909.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer
New top and interior. Ran like a dream for a few years. Now I’m having problems after it worms up. Starts running rough then dies. Coil gets hot like a firecracker. I think my aftermarket electronic ignition module is bad. Nothing else checks out. New coil didn’t do anything.

Attachments

• IMG_1486.jpeg
    IMG_1486.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14
  • IMG_1501.jpeg
    IMG_1501.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 14

Willyclay

Captain
Thanks for the update about your great old boat. Sorry to hear about your troubles. Sure sounded like a bad coil to me also. Good luck!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Yes it is. I tried 2 different new modules in it but still overheats the coil. I put 2 new coils in as well. Still overheats the coil.
I have never had luck pertronix ignition parts. Went back to points every time

Lou C

Supreme Mariner
Yep stick with points. I still have em in my 1988. The boat looks great inside & out. Nice family history with it.