Larson Cabrio 220 Shower Pump/Water in Cabin

Jazw33

Cadet
Hello- I did a google search and found that others have the same issue with the carpet being wet when you step into the cabin. I do not have the schematic of the boat, I was hoping to find out if anyone figured out if this is a forward bilge issue or a shower sump pump issue. Any insight would be appreciated. Thank you very much for your time.

Nheels

Petty Officer 2nd Class
I have an 08 330 and just at the bottom of the stairs is a cover where the forward bilge, water pump, shower drain/pump thing and the fresh water intake/seacock is.

Not sure if the 220 has the same, but any water issues would immediately be found in there for me.

If you end up finding a schematic, let me know! I know the parent company was Genmar, which produced Wellcrafts, Cruiser Yachts, Larson's and a few others that are very similar.

Jazw33

Cadet
Thank you, from my other google searches your explanation is right on. I am going to head down and look under the stairs and also it was suggested to check for hatches under the bed/bench areas.

Jazw33

Cadet
FYI if anyone else has this issue. In the cabin between the cabin and under the steps is a small plastic drain plug that closes off the cabin. You cannot see this, you have to just stick your finger in the hole and use a flashlight to see the plug. If your door is leaking and water gets into the cabin it has no where to go. I removed the carpet and put in a rubber mat, I removed the plastic plug, I moved the bilge pump under the steps to a position much lower than it was so it will come on before the water gets high enough to sit in the cabin. We just had a rainstorm and the cabin was DRY!

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Just an FYI

The boat builder probably didnt have a schematic, much less published to the public. Most of the boats in existence are made in the prototype shop, then documented with a "build book" for production which is a bunch of photos and some sketches and notes

Jazw33

Cadet
Just an FYI

The boat builder probably didnt have a schematic, much less published to the public. Most of the boats in existence are made in the prototype shop, then documented with a "build book" for production which is a bunch of photos and some sketches and notes
ok