Lake Bastrop in Texas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Douglasdzaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Anyone on here familiar with Lake Bastrop? I have a boat I’ve been working on but still no electronics and want to do some fishing. I know it’s supposed to be a fun bass lake but what about catfish and where do the shad hang out as I like to catch fresh bait? If someone can put me on the shad I’ll find the catfish.

MRS

Commander
Maybe check with your locale fishing shop there see if they can give you some info. that will point you in the right direction.

ezbtr

Commander
Anyone on here familiar with Lake Bastrop? I have a boat I’ve been working on but still no electronics and want to do some fishing. I know it’s supposed to be a fun bass lake but what about catfish and where do the shad hang out as I like to catch fresh bait? If someone can put me on the shad I’ll find the catfish.
I'm just north in Hutto, I hear its a decent lake, cats, bass, bluegill Ive just been going to our park one, no luck yet :)

Douglasdzaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
I'm just north in Hutto, I hear its a decent lake, cats, bass, bluegill Ive just been going to our park one, no luck yet :)
I’ll be going soon. Had to take care of a with my boat. I got more information. The bass seem to be always good and I’m told catfish aren’t bad. When I go I’m going to catch some shad and drift for catfish. I’ll take some punch bait Incase the shad are scarce.

eterry

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Check with your local Game Warden or TPWD. They know most of the good spots and if you are legal (which you should be) then they are your friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.