KIds and Halloween

12Footer

Fleet Admiral
Parents, are you letting your younguns go out this year? (Just curious).<br /><br />
unclesam.gif

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: KIds and Halloween

Always take the grandkids to the local fire departments that put on a safe trick or treat deal each year.<br /><br />Always a couple spooks around and plenty of stuff for the kids.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Yes, for sure! The 2yr old is already terrified of the masks, so we will see how it goes.<br /><br />Ken

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by kenimpzoom:<br /> Yes, for sure! The 2yr old is already terrified of the masks, so we will see how it goes.<br /><br />Ken
Well Ken, quit looking at him then. :D :D :p

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

I was going to take my grandson to see, "BIBLEMAN" live (a concert/play), and take him to the party afterwards, but he wouldn't get to go door-to-door, so I nixxed that plan. I can't deprive him of that.<br /><br />Some of my best, happiest memories of my childhood were Halloween...Candy, tolet paper (lots of toilet paper) and dung-filled bags set ablaze on the walkway of the niegborhood cremudgeon's house... Stayin-up late, throwin up, and swapping candy with friends, bros and sisters.<br /><br />
unclesam.gif

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by 12Footer:<br />Some of my best, happiest memories of my childhood were Halloween...Candy, tolet paper (lots of toilet paper) and dung-filled bags set ablaze on the walkway of the niegborhood cremudgeon's house...
Gonna hafta send ol deputydawg adn bubba over here to read this...YOU, sir, can expect a visit from one or both of them very soon!!! Trouble maker :rolleyes:

crab bait

Captain

yeah ,,the good ole days.. when a candy bar was a 'whole big candy bar'.. never any 'bite-sized cheap crap'..<br /><br />one of the best things we did,, on mischief nite,, was BOMB AWNINGS.. it was so funny we could barely run ..<br /><br />back-in-the-day ,, our neighborhood streets didn't have curbs.. the shoulders were just gravel.. <br /><br />take a handful of gravel an throw it up on people's aluminum awlings.. <br /><br />MAN,,, WHAT A RACKET..!! an run like heck..!!

spratt

Lieutenant

Didja ever work as a team and one knock on the door, when it was answered the other would have the water hose ready, and BLAST 'em with a cold jet of water? OH MAN, we had to run then!!!!!

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea nowadays though, it's smash mailboxes, egg cars and houses.<br />Not like the good 'ol days anymore.

spratt

Lieutenant

grrrrrrrr, don't get me lit...destructive li'l punks :mad: :mad: :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Yea, I keep my dogs up all the time except for this one night.<br /><br />After trick or treat is over, they come out and stay out till morning.

Mrs Soulwinner

Petty Officer 1st Class

it's because of those destructive lit' punks that I don't even turn my lites on to give out candy. And I'm with you crab bait....those where the days. :(

spratt

Lieutenant

I think I am becoming addicted to this forum and you guys...that oughtta REALLY make you all feel good;-)

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It's allways good to have one more friend, spratt.
58.gif

aspeck

Staff member

In college we had fun terrorizing the terrorists! We donned the cammies and face paint and headed out to stop all the teenage pranksters. Man was that fun - they never saw us coming. We were on the rooftops, between cars, in the bushes, I mean we were everywhere they wanted to be. At the first sight of soap, TP, M80's, vandelism, or whatever the little buggers wanted to do to the neighborhood, we were all over them and they were running for their lives. Now that was a blast!

LadyFish

Admiral

I orchestrated a halloween party in a cemetary once. There were over 100 kids there, big stereo, lots of fun. All was going fine until my girlfriend who drove a black and white mustang convertible was late bringing my beer.<br /><br />It was really dark, so I went down to the gate to see to be sure catch her before I missed the opportunity to retreive my beer. I flagged down the wrong black and white. After running like a fool and finally tripping over a tombsteone, falling flat on my face, the officer saw to it that the eggs I was carrying in my Peacoat were now running down the inside of my pockets.<br /><br />After my nice little ride to the police station, I see they had already picked up my brother. When the officer asked he we were related, he said "NO, I never saw her before in my life."<br /><br />After a phone call to my Dad, yanking him out of his Friday night bowling game, I had the second longest ride of my life back to the house. :(

Mark42

Fleet Admiral

Wife and I are taking Amber (4yr) and Eric (11 mo) out during the daylight hours. We go to one of the new home developments because no one comes around our neighborhood where homes are far apart and we shoot at strangers on our property.<br /><br />Jamie (14yr) may go to a party, but I think he is probably going to stay home and chat his life away on the internet. I would not be happy if he wanted to go out and T-0-T at night.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

The stuff we used to do..... Flaming bags of dung, some eggs but limited the eggs to the city patrol cars, lots of toilet paper, acceteline bombs, we also used to take all of the remote controls we could find. walk around town and those with big windows, hide in their bushes and turn the television on real loud all night, or if the owner was up mess with the volume. Stretch peices of bicycle innertubes over peoples exhaust pipes and leave them hang so when they started the car it would sound like a long loud fart until the hose burned off. <br />I caught some kids last week with the falming bags of poo. They were using full size grocery bags, filing fullof cow dung, soaking the bag in oil and throwing some gunpowder in for good emeasure. I told them the idea was to use dog or cat poop that stunk more, and small bags without all the accelerants so the fire would be small enough to stomp out. The next weekend they took my advice but still threw the bags out by the curb. I won't correct them on this mistake.<br />Here in town we set ground rules. We chase them, mess with them and turn them loose. We allow pumkins to be smashed on main street, dumpsters to be moved etc. As long as they leave a fire lane open on streets and don't break anything. This freedom and even playing with them chasing them around all of the kids here have been very well behaved. Last year one window got broke because some out of town people threw a rock. We stopped a few kids and said party over. Within an hour things were cleaned up and everyone was home. <br />We gave them a little freedom, set rules, let them have fun, even joined their fun chasing them, and the destruction was down to zero. The only damage was that one window.