"keyless" ignition

dingbat1

Cadet
Re: "keyless" ignition

Would thy be how I could make it work in the way I describes? It's hard for mr to see that as I'm on my iPhone.

hubbard53

Petty Officer 1st Class

Would thy be how I could make it work in the way I describes? It's hard for mr to see that as I'm on my iPhone.

leave it stock until after the key. the key switch, add a spring loaded toggle or button between the key and the selenoid. All you need to do it put it in-line and when you push the button or rocker, it complete the circuit and sends the juice to the starter.

dingbat1

Cadet

I am going to try that this week - hopefully everything will work out well. My biggest issue is making sure that I appropriately wire it, and then making sure that when I push the M-ON button, it will start up the boat, and everything will run fine (a friend of mine had an issue where the key to the cabin in his boat was almost identical to the key to start the boat, and at one time he did use it to start to boat and the starter never disengaged as it was supposed to.. not good).

Does anyone else have any input to this though, or an even more intricate diagram?:)