Keyboarding...

Mr.Ladyfish

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Keyboarding...

I took typing in HS. got to about 25 wpm. I got suspended from school for taking an electric typwriter apart. My folks weren't too happy when they had to pay for the repairs before I could get back in school. I just use 2 or 3 fingers now and look at the keyboard.

xikxak

Petty Officer 1st Class

Depends on how long the words are.I typed this in about 3 min. Dave Hunt and pecker.

gaugeguy

Captain

I type 70-80 wpm, do not look at the keys except when I have to look for numbers or the symbols. Took typing in HS, to get close to a girl. The girl is long gone but the typing skills remain.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I took typing in HS also...Two weeks into class I wound up with a cast on my hand. Lotta good that class did me. I have a bit diffrent technique than most...I use about six of my fingers ( no thumbs or little fingers) and I constantly look at the keyboard. I do subconciously know where most of the keys are but I still look to verify. The odd thing is I do not use the correct finger, just whatever finger is closest to the key I am looking at. I would have to guess I get about 20 wpm.

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

60 unless I use Vodka and that increases my speed but dramatically reduces thhheee abbbilllitttyyy toooo unddderrstannddd wwwwhhhaaaattt iiii ammmm tyyypinnngggggggggggg

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by LadyFish:<br /> The last typing test I took they clocked me at 122 wpm. That was many years ago, before I started using a computer. Hopefully I am faster today.
That's the reason she is a terror in trivia, her fast typing. :D :D :p

LadyFish

Admiral

Problem is....I type like a mad woman and nothing comes out. <br /><br />Have had incredibly bad luck logging on to either site. I will get my Java jiven by next week so watch out.

ebbtide176

Commander

70-80wpm last time i checked. i have most of my #'s down pat, plus 1/2 of the symbols. i got most of it from using the mavis beacon program when i started working with the unix opsys.