Keyboarding...

brother chris

Commander
Okay, since we all keyboard...how many words a minute can you type? <br />Do you look at the screen? Or do you look at your <br />fingers when you type? <br />I like keyboarding, always have. <br /><br />I'm at 55-60wpm

dolluper

Captain
Re: Keyboarding...

About ten minutes to write this and a sore finger to boot

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Ymis is wja7 ) key ejem K .ll, au gjd xcdssm.<br /><br />This is what I get when I look at the keyboard.<br /><br />About 40wpm.<br /><br />'Nuff said?

Twidget

Commander

Yikes, the last time I was timed, it was on an old mechanical typewriter. That was about 49 wpm, but that was also about 30 years ago. :D

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

Use keyboard all day, even took advanced type in college, I'm about 90 or 95. Probably have the advantage 'cause all my work is on computers, stll donnnn't help ma spellen nor grammmr much.<br /><br />Spdd

carrotsnapper

Petty Officer 1st Class

Originally posted by spudbartlett:<br /> Use keyboard all day, even took advanced type in college, I'm about 90 or 95. <br />Spdd
:eek: :eek: <br /><br />Hey Spud, I'm going to start working on it. I'm only at about 35. BTW, My dad was told by his high school teacher that he would pass the type class (early 40's) if he never took type from her again.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

I can type hundreds of words per minute as long as the word is "I" and there does not need to be any spaces between the words. :p <br /><br />Seriously,<br />I was one of those geeky high school guys that took typing. I was smart though. Lots of pretty cheerleaders and other fine young women that needed help with their homework. Unfortunately, when they said they neeed help with homework, they meant it.<br /><br />I'm a computer programmer and type thousands of words each day, so I stay pretty sharp with my typing skills.

OLDSPUD

Petty Officer 1st Class

carrot<br />Ya you might think about it, fired Brian today, Lee might accept the 1st Am Job, things are happening. Most likley be merging with Mike by next week, if everything works out.<br /><br />Going to Vegas In the morning, Winter convention, looking forward to it, I'm at the office now, probably be here all night just so I can take the time to go.<br />Talk to ya when I get back

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

I'm a pecker... :D <br /><br />I look at the keyboard, then the screen, then the keyboard again to locate the backspace button so I can go back and fix all the screw-ups only to find i've fixed it all but somehow I mashed the dang CAPS LOCK button, AGAIN!!!... <br /><br />No idea how many wpm's... :confused:

Xcusme

Commander

I type at 115 words per minute......but you can't read it....

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

gimmie a minute here I need to type a few words..<br /><br />I'm not too sure its slow as m0lasis tho in comparis0n to most ..<br /><br />what really gets me sick is when my sister comes over here to do data entry and books for me. All I hear is her talking on the phone and something that sounds like 30 mice wearing tap shoes running over the damn desk.. it amazes me actually cause she has nails to boot :rolleyes:

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Dunno...Nevewr timed it. I'm a two-finger(fat), keyboard-looking typo machine. I'm just glad this site has a kind "edit" feature.

LadyFish

Admiral

The last typing test I took they clocked me at 122 wpm. That was many years ago, before I started using a computer. Hopefully I am faster today.

dolluper

Captain

Forgot to ask is that really your speed huh-- would that be with or without nail polish

LadyFish

Admiral

Nail and nail polish too.<br /><br />I attribute it to the fact that I took piano to 12 years as a child and developed bionic fingers. :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Interesting info. I asked a M/$ premier tech. support consultant why they continue to have alternate keystroke replacements for many/most mouse clicks. His response - the programmers can hit keys faster than maneuver the mouse, once mastered, keystrokes are faster.[Tab, Enter]

LadyFish

Admiral

That may be entirely true. I still use special function keys rather than the mouse. I learned to type on a computer long before the mouse and had trouble adapting to it at first.

PatPatterson

Chief Petty Officer

I work on computers all day long, and have been tested at 65 WPM.<br /><br />I work on CAD / CAM systems, and I agree that the keyboard is faster than the mouse. The only things I use the mouse for are the ones that I can't do with the keyboard.

ndemge

Commander

capt. kidd..... so true, mouse is slow when you know all the keyboard shortcuts<br /><br /><br />I don't look at the keyboard, my grade school started a typing program when we were all in about 3rd grade, and that went through 8th...<br /><br />ocne I got to HS, I still had to take the REQUIRED TO GRADUATE typing class..... fist class, did a 1 minute timing, so the teacher could see where everone was at.... I hit 101<br /><br />I'd say I average around 60, if I really get cruising I can top out around 80ish now

dolluper

Captain

My typing skills are real pitiful and the grease on the keys from fixing motors makes it a slippery challange