Kerry just lost

FLATHEAD

Captain
He picked Edwards as a running mate. LOL God help us all if these two clowns get in!! :( But I think Kerry just sealed his fate :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Kerry just lost

I'll have to go along with that FH.<br />What was he thinking anyway?

gaugeguy

Captain

It's a perfect ticket...A mooch that married into money twice and his running mate, an ambulance chaser.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

After watching John Kerry these past few months, the only logical conclusion I can come to, is that he really didn't want to win from the outset.<br /><br />Here is an interesting link, put out by the GOP, re, Edwards.<br /> http://www.gop.com/RNCResearch/Read.aspx?id=4345

jinx

Senior Chief Petty Officer

For the record, I'm am a supporter of President Bush. I wish I could share your unbridled optimism. Turnout among supporters of the President will be the key, and not either VP choice. Both sides have reverted to the polarized positions in the wake of the 2000 elections.<br /><br />Electoral votes are the the only thing that matter. Kerry could have picked Jane Fonda as his running mate and it would not have jeopardized his chances of winning New York, Massachusetts, Connecticut, or California for example. <br /><br />While it is early enough that events may well overtake current opinion, this is how I see, after some analysis, the individual states. On an electoral vote basis it is a very tight race, with some scenarios coming up in a 269 vote tie.<br /><br />Since the last time I posted this, several states have pretty well solidified for one or the other.<br /><br />Alabama.....9....Bush <br />Alaska......3....Bush<br />Arizona.....10...Leaning Bush<br />Arkansas....6....Leaning Bush<br />California..55...Kerry<br />Colorado....9....Leaning Bush<br />Connecticat.7....Kerry<br />Delaware....3....Kerry<br />DC..........3....Kerry<br />Florida.....27...?<br />Georgia.....15...Bush<br />Hawaii......4....Kerry<br />Idaho.......4....Bush<br />Illinois....21...Kerry<br />Indiana.....11...Bush<br />Iowa........7....?<br />Kansas......6....Bush<br />Kentucky....8....Bush<br />Louisiana...9....Leaning Bush<br />Maine.......4....Leaning Kerry<br />Maryland....10...Kerry<br />Massachusetts.12.Kerry<br />Michigan....17...?<br />Minnesota...10...Leaning Kerry<br />Mississippi.6....Bush<br />Missouri....11...Leaning Bush<br />Montana.....3....Bush<br />Nebraska....5....Bush<br />Nevada......5....?<br />New Hampshre.4...Leaning Kerry<br />New Jersey..15...Kerry<br />New Mexico..5....?<br />New York....31...Kerry<br />No. Carolina.15..Leaning Bush<br />No. Dakota...3...Bush<br />Ohio.........20..?<br />Oklahoma.....7...Bush<br />Oregon.......7...?<br />Pennsylvania.21..?<br />Rhode Island.4...Kerry<br />So. Carolina.8...Bush<br />So. Dakota...3...Bush<br />Tennessee....11..Leaning Bush<br />Texas........34..Bush<br />Utah.........5...Bush<br />Vermont......3...Kerry<br />Virginia.....13..Leaning Bush<br />Washington...11..Kerry<br />West Virginia.5..?<br />Wisconsin....10..?<br />Wyoming......3...Bush<br /><br />Total Bush or Leaning Bush 217<br />Total Kerry or Leaning Kerry 197<br />Unknown, 124<br /><br />Again, this is all my opinion. <br /><br />Jinx

Just what we need is two lawyers running the country, say goodbye to tort reform.<br /><br />scott

PW2

Commander

I don't think I have ever seen so much negativism coming from the GOP, and the right generally.<br />And the campaign has barely begun.<br /><br />I guess if you can't run on your record, as Bush and Cheney clearly feel they cannot, they have no choice but to go negative on the other guys.<br /><br />I guess the theory is that we may be bad and incompetent, but we are not as bad as they are!<br /><br />Now that's reassuring, and bound to inspire the electorate.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I guess we'll see, huh PW2? Only 120ish days left and you'll have to hide your Kerry/Edwards campaign stickers away with your Mondale stickers. ;)

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

120 days left and you are saying the campaign has barely begun pw2? I don't understand.<br /><br />What I do understand, is that most in this country do not want to be career victims. So we are making sure that word is getting out, in order to help protect against another election issue like last time. I can't stand babys who cry that someone was elected in error. A winner stands back and admits defeat. A loser crys for legal action and recounts.<br /><br />The right wing doesn't want another close election any more than the left wing does. So, both sides are going hot and heavy. I am sorry that the left doesn't have much ammunition to fire toward the right, but the left did vote for a decrease in defense spending. So maybe you all cut your own throats there. :D

GOP is walking a fine line attacking Edwards on his experience. If you remember back to 2000, what was Bush's foreign experience? He was a govenor of Texas for 6 years, Edwards has been a Senator for the same amount of time. The jokes back then about Bush's foreign experience was a drunken trip to Mexico for Spring Break.<br /><br />A fine line...

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by 1994lundminnow:<br /> GOP is walking a fine line attacking Edwards on his experience. If you remember back to 2000, what was Bush's foreign experience? He was a govenor of Texas for 6 years, Edwards has been a Senator for the same amount of time. The jokes back then about Bush's foreign experience was a drunken trip to Mexico for Spring Break.<br /><br />A fine line...
A big difference, incase you chose not to notice, is that Bush had been surrounded by and continued to be so, with people who had the experience. He did not surround himself with a bunch of ideological misfits like Janet Reno, Donna Shalala, Robert Reich, Jocelyn Elders, Ron Brown, et al. Additionally Bush had much more administrative experience than either Kerry or Edwards. Bush also had a genuine intent of governing this country as opposed to an interest in letting gays come out of the closet, getting us out of our SUVs, funding midnite basketball etc etc.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Before you vote for Jepetto and Pinocchio (cheney & bush), just let this burn in yer little conservative brains for a minute or two...<br /><br />Hillary Clinton in 2008.... :eek: Does that scare the hell outta ya, or what?.. <br /><br />Shes got gobs of people who would back her in a run for president in 2008.. She wants a shot at the oval office in 2008, and if the current admins keep doing as their doing, she'd win the election i betcha... 2008.. Thats the reason she is'nt kerrys runningmate (like drudge speculated a few days ago, wrong again) and shes banking on kerry loosing.... <br /><br />Yes sir, the GOP best get off their butts, find a suitable real candidate for 2008, and deal with this problem right now...<br /><br />Now.. If Kerry were elected this go-round, that would make him the incumbant in 2008.. Kerry would likely again get the democratic party nomination, thus keeping the evil one (Hillary) OUT in 2008..... Would she be a factor in 2012? doubtful....<br /><br />If you want to keep hillary out in 2008, vote Kerry in 2004...<br /><br />I'm snapper and I approved this message...

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

No, don't vote for Kerry. In 2008, everyone run for president against Hillary.

oddjob

Commander

Man Snapper thats a good one. Vote dem today to keep the bad dem out tommorrow.. :D <br /><br />Snapper. I wish you would hurry up and realize that deep down your conservative. You need right wing theropy in a bad way. try Rushlimbaugh.com.<br />Yeah I want to save the glades to.

blacktie

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I don't think I have ever seen so much negativism coming from the GOP, and the right generally.<br />And the campaign has barely begun.<br /><br />I guess if you can't run on your record, as Bush and Cheney clearly feel they cannot, they have no choice but to go negative on the other guys.<br /><br />I guess the theory is that we may be bad and incompetent, but we are not as bad as they are!<br /><br />Now that's reassuring, and bound to inspire the electorate.
And the left has been campaigning on their record and agenda? hardly. The negative campaigning from the left started over a year ago with moveon, and if you think that the left is staying quiet, perhaps you could jump back over to the thread on Farenheit9/11 (the single biggest piece of negative campaigning propaganda trash ever created...left or right).<br /><br />Hillary will never get elected btw....there are too many male dems who would never vote for a woman president. Most insiders from both parties fully believe that the first female or black president will come from the republican party.

Boomyal, Bush didn't start surrounding himself with those people at this stage of the game. And the K&E show hasn't started picking cabinet members yet, so that element is still outstanding.<br /><br />At the end of the day, I'm voting for Bush, I made that decision before I'd even heard of Kerry. So I'm not "choosing not to notice things", I'm just pointing out that the GOP is walking a fine line on that subject, and it could bite them in the *** if people went out and did their homework, like they should.<br /><br />As for Snapperbaits conspiracy theory, that theory has been bouncing around now for over a year. It may have more of a foundation that people think. The Democratic field is weak, it has been from day 1, and it really hasn't improved. The Clintons are arguably the only major "celebrity" big shots the Dems have, and they've been pushing their own names (and books) instead of putting their weight behind the party nominations. Kinda odd don't you think? The Clintons are very self serving, and their actions tell me that they are positioning themselves for 2008.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Me Oddjob? A conservative? NEVER! Me and the conservative side clash real bad on the disgusting hypocrisy of the "good christian" segment of the right.... <br /><br />No, trust me when i tell ya that the conservatives definately don't want me around....<br />
11.gif

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Snapper, too bad you have such a fundamental misunderstanding of what the True Christianity is all about. Then it might be easier for you to discern the difference between the hypocrites and the real thing. You are right, the hypocrites are out there, as Jesus warned, and we all play that role from time to time in small ways (who is perfect? I'm not!) There are a few who play it in a big way, true, but you are most certainly throwing out the baby with the bathwater here. Hypocrisy doesn't smell bad only to you, and you do not have a monopoly on noticing it. I suspect you are painting with an excessively wide brush stroke, though. You notice a few and label all of us, it sounds like. Seems to me that is pretty similar to the definition of "prejudice". And yes, I have made that mistake before also. (By the way, my frustration toward the left is against the misguided liberal ideology, not toward all who are liberal. All people have value even if the ideas they espouse don't)<br /><br />Tell me the left does not have its own equal hypocrisy... love, peace are proclaimed, yet don't many fight for position, step on anyone who gets in the way, encourage dependence on entitlements for the selfish motivation of having a ready made power base to help get re-elected, etc. Who can stand for unselfish love and true peace if you go along with killing the unborn?! No, the left is most certainly not more righteous in any way then the right. Anything that is man-centered IS ultimately selfish, regardless of political affiliation. There are many in the Christian right who are models of selflessness, who live to serve others. They just don't go around drawing attention to themselves. They help others in many tangible ways expecting nothing in return. When the hollywood crowd does this is is usually with a gaggle of photographers and publicity people around, but not these folks. (Not ALL the left does this, either) I hope you discover that there really is a compassionate, caring, and intellectually very honest side of conservatism for yourself sometime soon, though you may certainly choose not to if you prefer.<br /><br /><br />By the way, Zogby polls have tracked a slow but distinct movement toward Bush/Cheney the last two months. Time will tell, but Kerry seems to be losing it. My hope is people will keep thinking longer term where big picture items will cause them to see the need for a more conservative approach.