Kennys Big Adventure

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Kennys Big Adventure

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />.......How come nobody wants to come to Indiana? :( ............... :D
Cause the strippers don't get totally naked there :p <br />(at least not in S. Bend)

LadyFish

Admiral

We had a really great time and it was nice meeting Mike, his wife Sherri and Kenny. Thanks again Mike for the best catfish I've ever eaten in my life. You and your wife are fantastic hosts.<br /><br />I enjoyed watching Kenny break a major sweat after eating his first ever jalapeno hushpuppy. Rod and I are both suffering injuries from oyster knives trying to open the clams. We finally gave up on eating them raw and steamed them. Thanks Kenny for bringing the clams and lobsters.<br /><br />We are looking forward to taking Kenny fishing with us this weekend and hitting our favorite spots. I'm sure it'll be fun.<br /><br />Good eats, good friends, and a good time thats what its all about. :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

There it is again, more mention of food. GRRRRRRRRRRRRR :mad:

Carphunter

Commander

I thought people were afraid to come to Indiana 'cause "Deuling Banjo's" is our state song. :p <br /><br />GG, all the stripers that I have ever caught have been naked, you must not be "fishin" in the right place. ;) <br /><br />Hint, try trolling. :p <br /><br />SBN, I'm here in the southern portion of the state, about 45 minutes outside of Louisville. <br /><br />Ladyfish, did you Guys, (sorry), and Gals, take any pics? Be sure to post 'em if ya did.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

here's one pic of party games I got carpy... :p <br />
funny%20pictures%20of%20rednecks%20and%20hillbillys013.jpg

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

dang...now I know why I fell in last night...someone removed the seat w/out me knowing :D <br /><br />and to think I thought I was just clumsy :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Kenny, while you are down there enjoying good company, good food and hopefully a good job interview I would like to remind you.....<br /><br />The Sox have trimmed 6 games off of the Yanks lead in the last 2 weeks. 4-1/2 game lead with 6 games left head to head. Hmmmmm...me thinks the Yanks are in desperate need of the Heimlich Manuever...they are choking :p

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hi y'all.<br /><br />Look at that, they even got me talking like a Texan already!!<br /><br />I cannot express my graditude enough to Mike and Sherri for the wonderful evening last night. Could not ask for more cordial people. They made me feel so welcomed, its almost too difficult to explain.<br /><br />Meeting Mr. & Mrs. LadyFish was just the icing on the cake. It does now seem that I have known them too, for many years, and they welcomed me with open arms and made feel so at ease, I cannot even describe here.<br /><br />Hope they all enjoyed the lobsters and clams, which it looks like they did.<br /><br />Texas cooking is nothing like ever seen before!<br /><br />Who ever heard of cooking corn for 6 hours?<br /><br />Man, was that delicious!<br /><br />And the catfish was like nothing I ever expected!<br /><br />Flackey, tender, and oh so good!<br /><br />All I know is that I need 3 courtesy flushes this morning, or else you all would have been reading about me in the newspapers, the odor was just soooooooooo bad!.<br /><br />I waddled out of here last night feeling so satisfied that I now have new, hopefully lifetime friends here in Texas, even if things don't work out, and I stay in NY.<br /><br />Mike and I went out in his little whaler today!<br /><br />Trust me it is small, but the workmanship that Mike did in the restoration, made feel like the boat was only 1 year old, and I'd trust his little boat in any conditions.<br /><br />Galveston Bay was so much bigger than I thought! Also alot calmer than I expected it to be, but Mike kept telling me how ruff it was!! Little 1-2 ft waves, and he's telling me it so ruff! Got to get him out on the Great South Bay, in NY, and watch him turn green with sea-sickness!! lol<br /><br />Everything so much more than I expected of Texas.<br /><br />Other than being flat, it is really nice here, people are extremly friendly here, everyone you meet makes you feel welcome.<br /><br />This trip has become so much more than I expected, and the vacation so far has been more than I had planned.<br /><br />Well, Mike is yelling at me for spending too much time on his computer, and the steaks are going on the grill, so I'll bid you all goodnight, and will post again soon.<br /><br />Bye for now from Texas.

bubbakat

Captain

KKC that is called southern hospitality my friend.

KennyKenCan

Commander

Hi y'all,<br /><br />Kenny is back in NY, and not happy about that! :( <br /><br />Got home on Monday at 2:15PM eastern time.<br /><br />Trip home was uneventful.<br /><br />Once again, thank you Mike and Sheri, for wonderful time, and Mr. and Mrs. LadtFish, for their hospitality too.<br /><br />Without them, the trip would have been meaningless.

LadyFish

Admiral

Glad you made it home safely Kenny.<br /><br />We enjoyed your visit! :)

KeltonKrew

Lieutenant

Glad you made it home....Hope you didn't put on too much weight while you were here! You now know what Southern Cookin' is my friend! :D

KennyKenCan

Commander

Well, I'll make this the final post here...<br /><br />Turns out, the job didn't work out for me down there in Texas, but I have come to the conclusion that I would like to move there, sometime in the near future.<br /><br />Now all I need to do, is find a job there that pays a living, and not just an existance.<br /><br />I am activily searching for a position down there, and hope to find something soon.<br /><br />So Kennys Big Adventure comes to a close, but not after making, what I hope to be, life long friends, way down there in Texas.<br /><br />Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread, all of your insights and opinions are greatly appreciated.<br /><br />Thank You all!