Keeping pontoon gates open

CU79GRAD

Recruit
Hi --
2022 Sylvan Mirage M-1 Tritoon with 150 Mercury. We like to ride with all three doors open. The factory installed stops keep the door from opening too far and won't hold door open, even when door is lifted up and put on stop.

I'm lazy and want to do something that works easy with little effort.

Does anyone have anything that works easily?

Thanks --

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
There are all kinds of gate latches at your local hardware store, Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Check your gates and pick a latch that works.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I'm lazy and want to do something that works easy with little effort.

Epoxy a neodymium magnet under the deck and in the door.

When the door is open, the two magnets hold onto each other

A good marine rated (coating so it doesn't rust) rare earth neodymium will be about $30 each

clemsonfor

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Learn to ride with them closed? I don't think I would get more enjoyment out of my pontoon by leaving the doors open? I can see over the doors unless I'm riding on the floor I guess?? But who knows different strokes for different folks, people get their kicks out of all kinds of different things?

ahicks

Captain
Learn to ride with them closed? I don't think I would get more enjoyment out of my pontoon by leaving the doors open? I can see over the doors unless I'm riding on the floor I guess?? But who knows different strokes for different folks, people get their kicks out of all kinds of different things?
One reason for open door policy-
My 'toon lives in the shade of a big tree most of the day, and said tree drops little sticks and leaves here and there. If I leave at least the front door open, these leaves and twigs are often blown off the boat unassisted.....