Keep an eye open the next couple of months

JGREGORY

Lieutenant
Re: Keep an eye open the next couple of months

We did get the FBI alert about watching the fire & emergency vehicles and about people wanting to volunteer of mid east back ground. I haven't heard anything about black friday though.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

How to start rumors and spread fear. <br /><br />Nice Job.<br /><br />I'm sure Bin Laden appreciates this sort of thing.

spratt

Lieutenant

It does sound like the truth of that message is that there is a Black Friday:) JK, Ken...who knows what those ragheads are planning...they have the mind of the devil, me thinks!!! And yes, I b elieve they serve their god in all this, just not the god of Heaven!!!

NYMINUTE

Captain

In order to bankrupt the US Binny boy has to keep us in fear. I sincerely hope when he is captured he is executed on world wide Television.<br />Did I mention in a humane way? No I didn't. He should be chained to a pillar on the top of next building being demolished. Pooof..... One less rich terrorist. :mad:

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> In order to bankrupt the US Binny boy has to keep us in fear. I sincerely hope when he is captured he is executed on world wide Television.<br />Did I mention in a humane way? No I didn't. He should be chained to a pillar on the top of next building being demolished. Pooof..... One less rich terrorist. :mad:
But please, just let me have 5 minutes with him, alone. :mad: :mad: :mad:

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Nothing makes sense in that. First the police would not detain and hold for questioning a man of mid eastern descent for taking pictures. The racial profiling laws do not permit this, and the civil rights attorneys would be all over that! <br />I have never heard of the FBI meeting with ambulance and fire crews to discuss possible terror threats. Any information would be classified, and would pass through FEMA (federal emergency management association) first. Any information we have had for the fire and EMS crews has come down in bullitens directly from FEMA, or the state coordinator. <br />Why would they want photo's of ambulances? Most are med tech type, all about the same. It is too easy to get maps of neighborhoods including fire stations. Geography would be more important than services provided. <br />I have to wonder about the thought they will hit a mall. Right now, from OBL last video, they are playing on the citizens emotions. It sounds like they know the country is somewhat divided about the fight. If they attacked women and children shopping, that would only anger everyone and unite this country even more than the 9/11 attacks did.<br />This is the exact thing terrorists count on. Place people in such fear that they control them through this fear.<br />Just my opinions.

aspeck

Staff member

I'm all for any rumor that would keep the Mrs. out of a store!

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by aspeck:<br /> I'm all for any rumor that would keep the Mrs. out of a store!
Sorry, there is none. Absolutley nothing can keep a woman out of a store.

spratt

Lieutenant

Originally posted by NYMINUTE:<br /> In order to bankrupt the US Binny boy has to keep us in fear. I sincerely hope when he is captured he is executed on world wide Television.<br />Did I mention in a humane way? No I didn't. He should be chained to a pillar on the top of next building being demolished. Pooof..... One less rich terrorist. :mad:
I am thinking we should force his groupies to behead him in public...just do it reeeeally slowly...

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I sure hope he resists and is dispatched with extreme prejudice. Caturing him will only cost a lot of money housing him. It will give an excuse for more attacks, trying to gain his freedom. Execution will only make him a martyr. <br />Maybe a beheading with a butter knife would be approariate?

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Okay, as some of you may know I work for local Government. As a the purchasing agent I get all messages that may effect the town. The warning about ambulances and new volunteers was sent a few months ago. That is fact. Black friday is rumor. <br /><br />Deputydawg as far as I know it was left to the local PD to forward if they felt like it to the fire dept. We did not forward it because the administrator and committee have final say on volunteers joining. And the notice I saw was for the Northeast region only. It came out of the Newark field office. If that means anything.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Some people interpret me posting this different ways.<br /><br />Some say I am spreading fear.<br />Some say I am spreading information.<br /><br />I guess it all depends on whether you are afraid or not.<br /><br />I ain't, and never will be. These idiots will never effect my decisions.<br /><br />I posted this so everyone will keep an eye open, and be aware that there are wolves in sheep's clothing.<br /><br />Ken

samagee

Chief Petty Officer

Well, something is going on. My favorite taunt the terrorist site is now blocked by the Government/homeland security. :(

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by Luna Sea:<br /> How to start rumors and spread fear. <br /><br />Nice Job.<br /><br />I'm sure Bin Laden appreciates this sort of thing.
It cannot do him any good, and can only lower infidel body counts in any such operations, so in what way would he appreciate such vigilance?<br />And I will be vigilant, so it is a nice job.

Luna Sea

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Vigilance?<br /><br />Hmmm,<br /><br />How does posting that we're going to get bombed the day after thanksgiving so stay out of the malls NOT help their scumbag cause?<br /><br />If people want to read about "terrer" as GW calls it, they can watch the news or open a newspaper.<br /><br />Some people MAY come to iboats to get away from all that negativity, and maybe even talk about boats.<br /><br />Next thing y'all will be suggesting iboats use different colors for different levels of "terrer" threat. Nuff said!

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Hey Mike, go ahead and go to the mall the day after thanksgiving if it floats your boat. But if somebody spontaneously detonates in the mall downtown Ft Myers, they wont find a 12Footer corpse nearby.<br />I take every one of these seriously, and sugjest everyone do likewise. But to each, his own. Que Serra Serra...live and let --well, never mind.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

If I took every one of these threats that I see in the FEMA notices, I would lock my doors and cower in my basement. <br />Going to the lcoal Wal Mart the day after thanksgiving is funner than hangin out at the boat ramp on a sunday afternoon! Watching those women fighting over the sale of the hour, priceless! If you have never seen this, go to Wal Mart a half hour before opening and just watch.

SCO

Lieutenant

"How to start rumors and spread fear."<br /><br />If you think of your fellow Americans as in need of shielding or censoring , then you in effect propose to control them. On the other hand, the participant in the American dream where the people are the decision makers, wants to be as informed as possible. I , as do most all of my fellow citizens, prefer not to be denied the opportunity to filter that information. It's about freedom, dignity, intelligence and the people ruling. THe fear monger issue was big in the election, and to us it is just a reaffermation that the Democrats prefer to censor the peoples information. That is fundamentally opposite to the way the country is designed to function.

woodrat

Ensign

Originally posted by deputydawg:<br /> If I took every one of these threats that I see in the FEMA notices, I would lock my doors and cower in my basement. <br />Going to the lcoal Wal Mart the day after thanksgiving is funner than hangin out at the boat ramp on a sunday afternoon! Watching those women fighting over the sale of the hour, priceless! If you have never seen this, go to Wal Mart a half hour before opening and just watch.
at least the boat ramp, though, offers an opportunity to launch your boat. I'll take that over walmart any day!